atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Brian A ring over page CTX100 - 07/19/16 02:53 PM
I have a customer with a CTX100. They want all 3 of their lines to ring over the existing paging setup during their normal business hours only. I currently have the paging fed out of the paging port on the CPU. They do not have any single line ports on the system. Is this possible?
Posted By: newtecky Re: ring over page CTX100 - 07/19/16 07:06 PM
Option 1 -- DIT the CO lines to the paging port, but when you do this the calls will never forward to voicemail. I usually setup a Night key for after hours in this configuration. The phones will ring based on the ringing on the CO line keys on the phones.
Option 2 - Get a PI-DKT from page industries and use a digital port. https://www.pageindustries.net/index.php/page-port-adapter/pi-dkt-r.html
Option 3 - Get a Viking PA-2A and connect the CO lines in paralel. https://www.vikingelectronics.com/product-details.php?pid=317
Option 4- (Assuming the page amp has ringin input) Add an ASTU1A to the CIX 100 and configure a multiple call group.

Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: ring over page CTX100 - 07/20/16 04:18 PM
I might point out an old trick, if you have any 'junk' phones laying around... just take a 2010-s, or similar, and wall mount it next to the phone system, take the speaker leads out to the paging amp, and set the phone to ring.

I do this trick quite often, and actually did it just last week at one of my accounts...
Posted By: newtecky Re: ring over page CTX100 - 07/21/16 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Holmes
I might point out an old trick, if you have any 'junk' phones laying around... just take a 2010-s, or similar, and wall mount it next to the phone system, take the speaker leads out to the paging amp, and set the phone to ring.

I do this trick quite often, and actually did it just last week at one of my accounts...

I forgot about that one. Although I have cut speaker leads, I have used an IP phone with a BESCB1A to extend paging to another building.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help