atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ballsie CIX670 doesnt see new expansion cabinet - 08/11/16 04:05 AM
Rack Mount CIX 670 | AR5.20 MT055.00 | BCTU2A/BEXU

I just backed up the system, powered down, installed the 3rd cabinet with ribbon cable and ground, set the switch to "exp" and powered back up. I have green lights on all the cabinet paower supplies and there are no cards installed in the 3rd cabinet.

Unfortunately, I cannot add anything to that cabinet in eManager. Anyone have a clue as to what could be wrong?

I want to add an MIPU to slot 0301 and I get this error:

"The entered cabinet/slot value is out of range"

Should I initialize?

Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX670 doesnt see new expansion cabinet - 08/11/16 08:38 AM
It doesn't even mater if the system can see the cabinet or not. You should still be able to add a card in Card assignments even if the cabinet exists or not.

What does the licensing info say about how many cabinets you can have? You have a BEXU, so you should be OK to 7 cabinets. Maybe the system does not see the BEXU card? Maybe re-seat the processors.

Also check the Maintenance - Hardware Info and control - CIX Processor. System type should say /BEX-" and look to see if the BEXS box is checked. Also when you hovered over Hardware Info, 7 Exp Cabinets should have showed up.

I notice that about a year ago you were having troubles adding new extensions after adding a BEXU. I don't know if you got that figured out or not.
Posted By: ballsie Re: CIX670 doesnt see new expansion cabinet - 08/11/16 01:56 PM
Yes.. License Info says 7 cabinets and CIX Processor says /BEX as well. I'm scratching my head.
Posted By: MarcO Qc Re: CIX670 doesnt see new expansion cabinet - 08/23/16 01:09 PM
In Card Assignment, do you see all 7 cabinets? If so do you get the error when you click on the slot 0301 and select the card then clicking on assign? You can also try to select the slot, click remove then try to assign the card again
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX670 doesnt see new expansion cabinet - 02/08/17 08:58 AM
Just an FYI, I just had the same thing happen when I added a BEXU to an existing BCTU2A processor. I could not add any cards in the 3rd cabinet slots, and the number of extensions maxed out at 160. It acted like a system without the expansion processor, except eManager showed 7 cabinets.

Resisting and power cycling the system did not help. I initialized the processor (after backing it up), and that seemed to work. I was able to add additional extensions and add card in the 3rd cabinet.

I just thought I would add this info into this thread in case anyone does a search.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX670 doesnt see new expansion cabinet - 02/09/17 07:35 AM
And if you have a PRI, don't forget to power cycle the system after initializing it( like I did).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help