atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: itguy216 voicemail for toshiba CIX670 - 12/14/16 06:49 PM
hello all

i have a toshiba cix670 phone system. i had an ipedge voicemail box. it died under warranty and my dealer is telling me they are having a hard time finding a replacement.

im am interested in finding out about any alternatives to the ip edge system that might be in use. I am currently installing Asterisk on workstation to give it a shot.
Posted By: newtecky Re: voicemail for toshiba CIX670 - 12/15/16 03:48 AM
The IPEdge is the current PBX and Voicemail system offered by Toshiba. The difference now is that the IPEDge system is delivered on a Dell server instead of a Toshiba branded server. If your Software and Support (SUS) is current you can get a new Dell server and Toshiba will transfer your licenses to the new server. The hardware warranty is covered by Dell.

For Toshiba voicemail the IPEdge is really your only solution. There is a basic voicemail system, the LVMU, but this does not have the functionality as the IPEdge.

If you already have VMWare servers in place, Toshiba now offers a software only, BYOD, solution. I do not know if they will transfer your licenses to a software only solution, but your SUS would need to be current before they would even consider it.

Posted By: itguy216 Re: voicemail for toshiba CIX670 - 12/19/16 03:00 PM
thanks for your reply.

i am extremely frustrated with my current toshiba support. if this is something you can help me with please PM me your contact info. I do have current licenses from TOS.
Posted By: newtecky Re: voicemail for toshiba CIX670 - 12/20/16 03:14 AM
Sent A PM. You could click on the link in my signature as well. This is not a company I own. Just an employee.

I don't know the extent of where I can help besides technical advise.

You would be on the hook for the hardware unless it was sill under warranty from Toshiba. If not, then if your annual SUS is up to date, then you should be able to get a new IPEdge server and then transfer the licenses.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help