atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CTB CIX40: Safest way to power down? - 03/29/17 05:34 PM
Hi all,

(FYI, CIX40 with GVPH voicemail)

The UPS that powers our CIX (and the device that splits our T1 into individual phone lines) needs to be shut down and have the battery replace.

Am I safe just unplugging the CIX's power cord?...or is there some shutdown command (via Network eManager or admin login via phone) I should execute?

Perusing the GVPH manual, I saw a shutdown command in there. Should the VM be shutdown before the CIX?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

CTB
Posted By: WiringSolutions Re: CIX40: Safest way to power down? - 03/29/17 07:03 PM
Never had any issue just powering down the system as long as the battery strap was put in the on position when it was installed. There is a power switch inside on the left or you can pull the power if the system doesn't have it's own battery connected.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX40: Safest way to power down? - 03/29/17 09:26 PM
I would recommend that you do a backup of programming to the SD card. On rare occasions I have had a couple of systems lose programming when the after a power outage, and the system restored it's programming from the SD card.

The voicemail is typically OK when you shut off the PBX. There is no shut down command in emanager for the PBX. Just slide the power switch as previously mentioned.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: CIX40: Safest way to power down? - 03/30/17 01:59 PM
When i replace UPS Batteries ,i don't turn anything off it is a hot swap,, I do this on APC ,, check if your brand can do this .
Posted By: CTB Re: CIX40: Safest way to power down? - 03/31/17 03:31 AM
Jason, David, and ATechguy...thank you for your feedback...it is much appreciated.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help