atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: adefont Strata CTX100 Caller ID - 08/18/17 09:08 PM
I have a Toshiba Strata CTX100, model CHSUB112A with DKT3010-SD phones and I'm looking to turn on the caller ID for incoming calls. The phone company says it is on from their side.

I've looked through the manuals to no avail (it tells you how to look at history but not how to activate it) and can't find out who initially installed the system to question them.

Is Caller ID even available with my particular system? Do I need a piece of hardware that may not be installed?

Thanks for the help!
Posted By: newtecky Re: Strata CTX100 Caller ID - 08/19/17 12:07 AM
The short answer is; you will need to call a Toshiba dealer if you want caller ID enabled.

It is possible, and very likely that you do not have the hardware required to receive caller ID. On older systems , caller ID required an optional caller ID card in the system. On newer CIX100 systems they built caller ID into the newer cards, but often newer CIX100 systems were still installed with the older cards without caller ID, because the older cards were in-stock and cheaper.

If for some reason you have the correct hardware but caller ID is not showing on the display, then you will still need to contact a Toshiba tech to program the card. You can not enable caller ID by reading the user's guide. This has to be done through programing the system.
Posted By: adefont Re: Strata CTX100 Caller ID - 08/19/17 12:24 AM
Thanks for the reply - Closest dealer is 45 miles away. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Thanks again
Posted By: newtecky Re: Strata CTX100 Caller ID - 08/19/17 04:33 AM
Unfortunately this is your only option, as you will very likely need both hardware and programing. There are no plug-n-play options.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help