atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: michaelg Maximizing 20-key buttons for DSS use - 10/27/17 02:57 PM
CIX-670 with about 50-60 phones but only about 13 staff. Not a lot of phone traffic -- so not camping on calls if someone is on the other line etc.

I am trying to get rid of unnecessary buttons on the IPT 2020 in offices in order to get everybody on the 20-key for one button calling.

We use orbit parking or reception calls in for the transfer so no "line-1 or line-2". Dial 9 to get an outside line.

Currently the non-DN buttons are:
DND
Page
Park/Pickup
Pickup Night Ring (flex program)
Pooled Line Group
Pooled Line Group
IC

Do I need two Pooled Line Groups?

Also, there is a desire to have all the labels be the same -- so that would be a person would have there own extension on the phone -- I was thinking that is where I would just put the PLg if I can get away with one.

Posted By: MarcO Qc Re: Maximizing 20-key buttons for DNs - 10/27/17 03:04 PM
You could get rid of the 2 pool Line group and add one IC. When they will dial 9 the call will stay on one of the 2 IC = 1 key saved
Page You could program the flex in a speed dial like *888 and have them dial it for page= 1 key saved
Pickup Night ring You could program the flex in a speed dial like *777 and have them dial it = 1 key saved

Posted By: michaelg Re: Maximizing 20-key buttons for DNs - 10/28/17 01:47 AM
Great suggestions. What would happen if I just went with one IC (and I guess by IC I mean Primary DN) and eliminating the Pooled Kine Group?
Posted By: MarcO Qc Re: Maximizing 20-key buttons for DNs - 10/28/17 02:03 AM
You wouldn't be able to manage 2 calls at the same. That's not a big problem if you don't have a big trafic. Yes IC is the Primary DN
Posted By: michaelg Re: Maximizing 20-key buttons for DNs - 10/28/17 05:08 PM
Got it. Merci.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help