atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gilles Toshiba Strat Messaging Shuts off - 11/14/17 08:53 PM
Hello,

Has anyone encountered the issue with a Toshiba Strata Messaging Shutting down on it's own.
I've had s system do this twice recently.

Pushing the power button in the back does nothing. I have to disconnect the power cord for it to reboot.

Any clue why?

Thanks
Posted By: newtecky Re: Toshiba Strat Messaging Shuts off - 11/15/17 12:28 AM
If I remember the rocker switch in the back is like the power button, it tells the operating system to begin the shut-down sequence. If the OS is not responding then they rocker may not work.

I could only make a guess. Either the OS is corrupted, the Flash drive is going bad, or maybe the disk is out of space. I have seen the SM do some odd things when the drive gets filled up. It isn't always voicemail messages that take up drive space. The last SM had a huge log file that I eventually found and deleted. The log file grew so big due to some software that their IT was using on the network.

Unfortunately you would need to know a bit about Linux CLI to see if the problem is with available drive space.

As far as I know (per Toshiba support) there is not a way to reformat the flash drive and re-image the system back to factory.

Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Toshiba Strat Messaging Shuts off - 11/15/17 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by newtecky
As far as I know (per Toshiba support) there is not a way to reformat the flash drive and re-image the system back to factory.

You can reimage the SM by booting the SM up off a DVD ISO image.
I have done this many times.
You will of course need the original license to re activate it again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help