atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SPERS Stratagy VM Day 2 Greeting - 05/21/18 07:13 PM
What is the easiest way to set up a day 2 greeting so when the receptionist puts system into day 2 for lunch it goes to a day 2 greeting? Day 2 greeting has not been set up yet.Right now it just goes to the default system greeting if I recall correctly.VM is a Startagy R2 Thanks.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Stratagy VM Day 2 Greeting - 05/22/18 06:00 AM
There are some systems that will automatically switch greetings based on a night key. Toshiba is not one of those systems.

The Stratagy always goes to the default mailbox 990 then 991 (unless someone did some creative programming). You can setup schedules to play greeting # 2 or #3 after 5 PM M-F, but this won't switch based on the night key.

There is a Token that can detect the Night key on the reception desk, but due to the complexities involved, lets just assume that this programming token doesn't exist. I only mentioned in as an FYI.

You did not specify CIX or Strata DK, so I will just mention this as if this is a CIX.

The way I do it, is record the normal day message in mailbox 991, and then create a new mailbox 992 for the day 2 message. Day 2 will go to a Pilot DN which will go to the voicemail pilot with a VMID code of 992. For mailbox 990, I would just record a short bit of silence to skip it. Disable storing messages in the new 992 mailbox

Remember, by default the system will send the calls back to mailbox 991 (such as when they press an invalid extension or menu option), so there are some cases when the caller will be back in mailbox 991, even when the Night key is set to Night 2.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help