atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bushmills remotely setting call forward - 06/07/18 06:28 PM
Hi folks,

I can't seem to find a way to remotely set call forwarding for a given station via the e-manager. I'm looking to set the forward all from a remote IP phone so can't manually punch in the #6011

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks in advance

--Will
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: remotely setting call forward - 06/07/18 09:58 PM
When you assign a Call Forward key via the emanager it will only set the key feature.
Then the user sets the destination under that key.
So the user does the following to enter user programming mode:
Dial #9876
Press CF-All key
Enter destination eg 9 xxxxxxxx and then # as it is an external number or xxxx for an internal extension
Press the CF-All key again to set the data
Lift handset and replace to exit user programming mode
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: remotely setting call forward - 06/07/18 10:00 PM
You could also program a One-Touch key with the #6011 9 xxxxxxxx # in it but it will not light up to indicate it is set.
Then you would want another One-Touch key with #6051 in it to cancel the divert.
Posted By: newtecky Re: remotely setting call forward - 06/08/18 01:17 AM
As Carl is explaining, you can add a CF all key or a One-touch key, but this will still require interactions on the physical phone. There is not a way to set Call Forwarding from eManager.

You have 2 other options besides the above suggestions.
1) Use the code #6012 to manually set the forwarding from a local phone. This is a remote set of CF-All to another extensions
2) Install the old , retired software MyPhoneManager. It's a bit buggy on current versions of IE, but I think you can set the Compatibly mode.

If the user will be toggling the Call Forwarding periodically (such as when they leave the office), I think assigning a CF-All key is the best solution. Unfortunately you still need to be in front of the phone to set the destination using #9876 user programming mode.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help