atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SPERS dk424 help - 06/26/18 04:38 PM
Customer has dk424 with 3 expansion cabs.Currently all programming has to be done with phone.Customer would like to upgrade. Do i need to upgrade the cabs to 670 to install BCTU2A/AMDS1A ? Currently installed is a BPTU1A pri and lots of PDKU which i want to upgrade to BWDKU cards.Not sure what the current processorr is. Is there any downside to using the DK424 cabs or is my best bet to order new cix 670 cabs. The new cards and configuration will knock the cabs needed down to main and expansion instead of main and 3 expansion. Also the pri card is currently in a cab by itself and is that necessary ? I realize I will have to do all programing over but will be much easier through eManager.
Thanks.
Shaun
Posted By: phonemeister Re: dk424 help - 06/27/18 02:15 AM
The BCTU2A processor works only with the 670 cabinets. It does not work with the DK424 cabinets. If you have the opportunity to upgrade the DK424 to a 670, then you should do it especially if you want to use the BWDKU which the DK does not see as a 16 port card. It is unnecessary to have the PRI card in a cabinet all by itself. I would put the PRI card in slot 7 of the main cabinet. I don't know how many cards or how many phones you will migrate over, but make sure you don't exceed the power factors of the cabinets. Also note that not all the cards that work in a DK can be used in a 670. Eg. PEKU, PIOU, etc.
Posted By: SPERS Re: dk424 help - 06/27/18 04:58 PM
phonemeister
Thanks for the info.Was trying to save customer money.But after another call to customer he wants all new anyway except maybe the BPTU1A pri card which I can not see a reason to upgrade to a 2A . There is going to be 5 BWDKU , 1 BPTU1A, BCTU2A/AMDS1A,LVMU,. Total of 60 phones which includes one DDM5060 and maybe one 4 port co/line card for when pri goes down for backup lines.And one expansion cabinet so think it is all do able.
Also customer wants to be able to record and monitor calls.Is there Toshiba hardware that does this or is this 3rd party service like OAISYS. Thanks for the help.
Shaun
Posted By: SSPhone Re: dk424 help - 06/27/18 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by SPERS
phonemeister
Thanks for the info.Was trying to save customer money.But after another call to customer he wants all new anyway except maybe the BPTU1A pri card which I can not see a reason to upgrade to a 2A . There is going to be 5 BWDKU , 1 BPTU1A, BCTU2A/AMDS1A,LVMU,. Total of 60 phones which includes one DDM5060 and maybe one 4 port co/line card for when pri goes down for backup lines.And one expansion cabinet so think it is all do able.
Also customer wants to be able to record and monitor calls.Is there Toshiba hardware that does this or is this 3rd party service like OAISYS. Thanks for the help.
Shaun

OAISYS is a Mitel product now but then again so is Toshiba. We have had very good luck using Tapit Replay as a call recording / SMDR package on both the CIX and IPedge.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: dk424 help - 06/28/18 05:08 AM
Also you should make sure the BCTU2A has enough licensed ports for the phones, trunks, LVMU, etc.
Posted By: newtecky Re: dk424 help - 06/29/18 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by SSPhone
phonemeister
Shaun

OAISYS is a Mitel product now but then again so is Toshiba. We have had very good luck using Tapit Replay as a call recording / SMDR package on both the CIX and IPedge.

Oaisys (Mitel) had announced end of support for non-Mitel systems, but talking to a Toshiba rep is sounds like they are all one bit happy family now.
Posted By: newtecky Re: dk424 help - 06/29/18 05:49 AM
phonemeister
Shaun

You could almost fit it all into one cabinet, except for the RCOU (or BCOCIU) card.

Now you will have to see how much rewiring you have to do. I have seen a lot of PDKU cards wired with only 8 wires for the phones. You may need to re-punch for a BWDKUs.

Posted By: SPERS Re: dk424 help - 06/29/18 04:59 PM
No punch downs required on the tails as they are completely punched down. Also want the extra cabinet for future expansion plus I will need the BCOCIU card. Thanks for the help and input and good to hear that OAISYS is still supported but will call to make sure.
Shaun
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help