atcomsystems.ca/forum
My company will soon be retiring our Toshiba Strata CIX 670 phone system. Before having it go out the door, I want to ensure all voicemails have been erased. A number of users have many messages sitting in their saved voicemail folders, so I would like a way of just doing a mass purge. Can someone provide advice on how best to wipe all the voicemails from the system? The system will not be used again, so I don't need to worry about preserving any data or settings once the day comes to shut it down.

Thanks!
Easiest way is to remove the voice mail card and break it in half then sent it, along with the rest of your system to your local e-cycler. There are plenty in the D.C. area.
Thanks, Prof. I like that idea!
There are different types of voicemail systems for the CIX 670. Some, like the iES32 have a hard drive, while others store everything on a Flash drive.
If you destroy the media (hard drive or flash drive) that voicemail system can't be used again, so might as well recycle it. Sometimes the voicemail system is not in the CIX cabinets, but is a separate, external PC.

The DOS systems with a flash drive (IVP8) have battery with a jumper. Removing the jumper will basically reset it to almost factory. The flash drive is non-volatile, so removing the battery basically tells the system to load the original settings, but I think that the default main greeting is not restored for some reason. The systems with a hard drive don't have this reset option. A Toshiba tech could log into the system and reinstall the software with default database
It would help if we knew what type of voicemail you had installed and then we can advise you correctly on how to reset/default the device
The type of voicemail system installed is iES16.
An iES uses a flash drive, but there isn't a way to reset the system (that I am aware) without connecting to the system's desktop and reinstalling the voicemail software.

So, it's up to you. If you pull out the CF card and toss the rest in the recycle waste.

Due to the software and licensing, the card minus the flash drive could only be restored to be functional an authorized repair center. It may be hard to resell a non working system on eBay.

Or you can find someone that may be able to log into this system, delete messages, and reinstall the Stratagy software with default settings.
You could always delete the mailbox folders this will delete the greetings and names and then do the same for the messages.
You will need to browse to the IP address of the iES16 or use Netmeeting to get to the desktop of the NT4 OS.
Thanks for all the advice. I see the 512MB CompactFlash card attached to a card inside the voicemail cabinet. I think I'll go with the plan of erasing/destroying the CF card and then having our electronics recycler take the system away.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help