atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SD-Ron Exceeding Licensed Ports on CIX670 - 02/02/19 08:01 AM
I have a CIX670 with a BCTU1A with software version 3.10 and is exceeding it's licensed ports. I added a BEXU1A thinking that would add more ports. I'm still getting the following error when adding an extension even after initializing:

CTX Error: (0x360b00) Facility=0,Severity=0,Command=200,Error Code=54,Data=0
"The quantity of lines, ISDN channels,and PDNs entered exceeds the number of ports licensed with this processor."

We have a total of 102 PDNs (including 5 IPT_Ls, 16 SLTs, 16 voice mail circuits and 65 extensions), 23 PRI B Channels, and 4 analog lines. The cabinet is configured as follows:
Cabinet 1: BEXU1A, BCTU1A, IES32, (4) PDKU2 for a total of 32 digital lines), RCOU, BPTU
Cabinet 2: (6) PDKU2 for a total of 48 digital lines, RSTU2, LIPU-X, BSTU1.

I tried to see if I could disable one of the PRI B channels and add an extension in it's place. It worked but when I tried to re-enable the B channel, I got the same error. Only thing I could think of is that I need an actual license through FYI. Unless of course, I missed some steps. I'm hoping to avoid this as I don't even know if the company that installed this is still in business. Anyway, I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.
Use this scenario:

You have a car with a 15 gallon fuel tank that is full and your spare gas can is also full.
Why would you purchase more fuel when you need a larger fuel tank?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Exceeding Licensed Ports on CIX670 - 02/02/19 11:28 PM
Look in maintenance _ license conf and see what your licensed for and what is used. You can still get basic licenses they come in set if 4.
Posted By: SD-Ron Re: Exceeding Licensed Ports on CIX670 - 02/03/19 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
Use this scenario:

You have a car with a 15 gallon fuel tank that is full and your spare gas can is also full.
Why would you purchase more fuel when you need a larger fuel tank?

Isn't that what the BEXU co-processor is for? It's suppose to provide more licenses, ability to add more cabinets, etc. than what the BCTU can provide on its own. In essence, larger fuel tank.
Posted By: SD-Ron Re: Exceeding Licensed Ports on CIX670 - 02/03/19 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by SSPhone
Look in maintenance _ license conf and see what your licensed for and what is used. You can still get basic licenses they come in set if 4.

I did just that. Here's what's weird: it says under EQUIPPED:

Max # of cabinets: 7
# of serial ports: 4
# of DTMF receivers: 4
# of basic ports : 128
Strata Net Networking Channels: Unlimited
Number of IP endpoints: 5

Everything, including basic ports, under USED is blank.

This is what it was even before I installed the BEXU. Here's the hardware info:

CIX670: B--U/BEX-
Active & Standby Software: AR3.10 MK063.00
DREC Version: V3
IPL VErsion: G
DTMF, BBMS, BEXS, & BSIS are checked.

Thanks.
Posted By: nortelvoip Re: Exceeding Licensed Ports on CIX670 - 02/03/19 07:14 PM
Not sure why the used column is blank, that's odd.

The BEXU1A just allows the extra physical processing power to handle the additional cabinets and hardware. However, it is not a software license for the additional equipment. In order to add over 128 ports, you'll need to purchase more licenses from a Toshiba dealer. From my understanding, Mitel, who purchased Toshiba after they announced they were discontinuing their product line, will soon be discontinuing the Toshiba product line. My recommendation would be to purchase a few more licenses than you think you will need so you can make the system last a while.

Toshiba's are great systems and just keep chugging.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Exceeding Licensed Ports on CIX670 - 02/03/19 09:30 PM
You are licensed for 128 basic ports and it seems that you have reached that limit. The used column will be blank because you don't have a release 4 or higher processor. The BEXU won't help you here unless you go past two cabinets. My suggestion is to count all the ports that are programmed in the system which includes PDKU, analog RSTU/BSTU, PRI b-channels, and IP ports either station and/or trunk on the LIPU. You should have counted 128 ports. Then find out which ones are not in use and delete them. That will free up ports for you. If there's still not enough ports for you then you'll have to add more to the processor which I believe you can still purchase licenses via a dealer. If not, PM me and I'll try to help you out.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help