atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Steve Mull IPEdge & SIP trunks - 03/01/19 02:03 AM
I switched a customer from Windstream SIP trunks over WOW SIP trunks , I had issues with no audio got that fix by setting connection to media server to manual , the problem is with the audio codecs MP-114FXS which is for (2) polycoms and a fax. Now I am getting no audio on those devices and I can't figure it out. HELP PLEASE
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: IPEdge & SIP trunks - 03/01/19 02:31 AM
Do you have SIP inspections enabled in the firewall?
Did the firewall/router get changed at all during the changeover?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: IPEdge & SIP trunks - 03/01/19 12:16 PM
No nothing changed with the customers firewall
Posted By: SSPhone Re: IPEdge & SIP trunks - 03/01/19 09:45 PM
What codec are you using ?
I would thing the SIP provider could watch what is happening in the traffic stream and tell you right away the problem. At least thats how it is with Mix Networks. I put 12 SIP trunks on an old Telrad yesterday had and audio issue and in 2 minutes he came back with do this I did and audio was up.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: IPEdge & SIP trunks - 03/01/19 09:54 PM
Ask the WOW SIP trunk supplier to change the contact header information in the INVITE to the customers WAN IP address in their SBC at their end and this should fix up your audio issues for the devices.
This is what the IPedge is doing when you change it to the manual setting in the SIP service definition.
Posted By: newtecky Re: IPEdge & SIP trunks - 03/02/19 12:50 AM
I had a similar issue with an old version of an IPEdge using SIP cordless phone. At that time I didn't have Wireshark built into the IPEdge.

I think I had to go into the extension's IPT data - Connection To Media Relay Server: and set that to manual. I don't know if this works like the SIP definition.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help