atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsymonds Elevator Line Emergency Ringdown to PhDN - 03/12/19 05:35 PM
We have three elevators in our building and our facilities manager wants to start using a new monitoring service. The elevator lines were set up before I got here, but from doing some digging in the CIX here is what is happening. The DN's are set up with emergency ring down enabled with a destination to a PhDN. When you call that PhDN you get the monitoring service. What I can't find is where I program the PhDN to ring to a different number. The PhDN has no owner, VM ID Code, or any other parameters filled in. Any ideas would help! Thanks!
I would guess that if you dialed that PhDN internal from another extension it will dial out to that external number. I would assume that someone setup call forwarding on that PhDN.
In a typical setup you would see Phantom DNs on a button on a phone (such as a reception phone) with the extension assigned as the owner, and call forwarding setup externally. This uses a button and leaves that phone always showing CF-External on the display.
In the past I tried to do this without an owner assigned to the PhDN setting the destination using remote CF All code #6012, but I was not able to get that working.

You could try setting up a new PhDN and using Remote call forwarding code #6012 to set a call forward destination and see it that works. I would try using a new Phantom as a test before changing the call forward destination on the working Phantom DN.

Great idea. I was thinking that may have been how it got set up, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for your help!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help