atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rstrek CIX 670 ACD to VoiceMail - 05/09/19 04:18 PM
I am trying to repurpose an existing unused ACD queue, to replace a workflow that had calls going directly from the main menu to a mailbox.

I set up the main menu so one of the digits sends the caller to the queue, and that is working properly. When I'm signed in to the queue I do receive calls. When I'm not signed in or I don't answer, calls fail over to a mailbox.

The problem is that I want unanswered calls to go to the existing mailbox on some other extension, but they are actually going to the mailbox with the same extension as the ACD queue. If that mailbox doesn't exist, they fail to the main menu.

I thought that I could control this behaviour with a Pilot DN. One already existed - the "Pilot DN" is the ACD queue's extension, the "Alternate DN" is the VM hunt group's extension (400), and "02: Voice Mail ID" was changed to the mailbox that I wanted calls to go to.

This didn't seem to make any difference - calls still go to the mailbox that matches the ACD queue's extension.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX 670 ACD to VoiceMail - 05/09/19 05:01 PM
The pilot alternate DN is only in effect if the ACD was offline. It's a good idea to have this go to a call group in case the ACD is offline.

For the voicemail box, there are actions in the ACD that send calls to voicemail wither if the queue is closed, all agents are logged out, or after waiting a set amount of time. The default action will send callers to voicemail with the same voicemail ID code as the ACD group ID (pilot DN).

There are 2 ways you can send callers to a different voicemail box, and neither will be through eManager. First you can create an new ACD action to go to a specific voicemail box. The other option is to create a voicemail box that matches the ACD pilot number and then RNA to your considered voicemail box. You could also collect the voicemail in the new voicemail box and then move this voicemail to a person that can check the messages.

If you don't feel confident enough to make these changes on your own, then you may need to request some remote help from one our the member around here.
Posted By: rstrek Re: CIX 670 ACD to VoiceMail - 05/09/19 05:23 PM
I appreciate the feedback. I might need some assistance, but for now I'll try to create a new ACD Action with a different mailbox destination instead of %G
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX 670 ACD to VoiceMail - 05/10/19 02:30 AM
I think that you are on the right track.
Posted By: nortelvoip Re: CIX 670 ACD to VoiceMail - 05/10/19 02:49 AM
If you are using an IPedge app server for the VM and ACD you can use cascading messages which will put any messages in the mailboxes of your choice and when you delete the message from one mailbox it deleted it from all mailboxes. I used to use this all the time on one of my systems.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX 670 ACD to VoiceMail - 05/11/19 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by nortelvoip
If you are using an IPedge app server for the VM and ACD you can use cascading messages which will put any messages in the mailboxes of your choice and when you delete the message from one mailbox it deleted it from all mailboxes. I used to use this all the time on one of my systems.

I think for ACD this is a good suggestion, having a voicemail box for the ACD group. This way you have a separate voicemail message. ie.. "Thanks for calling the customer service department...", instead of "Hi, this is Julie..."

Cascade voicemail makes it much easier to do group mailboxes. I really didn't like setting up group mailboxes in Stratragy/
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help