atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Hernan IP5132-SD setup - 06/11/19 03:39 PM
Good morning everyone,

I am trying to setup a Toshiba IP5132-SD 20 button phone. I just got it.
As soon as I plug it in the phone displays "Trying LAN" "Server not found".

I cant get it to go into the IP setting to start the setup.

any ideas how to get it out of that screen ?

Thanks
Posted By: SSPhone Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/11/19 04:14 PM
3 6 9 Hold all at the same time puts the phone in program mode.
Posted By: Hernan Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/11/19 07:59 PM
Sorry, I didnt specify,

I tried that to start the setup like I have done in the pass. Nothing happens.
Stays on the same screen.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/11/19 09:01 PM
Make sure the handset is plugged in and is in the cradle.
Posted By: Hernan Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/13/19 12:30 PM
The phone is plug in and in the cradle.
I have setup many phones in the past none of the m have shown that right out of the box.

is there a way to get it out that screen or do I have to send it back?

Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/13/19 12:49 PM
Have you got the handset curly cord plugged into the headset port on the bottom of the phone by mistake?
This will stop you accessing the 3 6 9 hold programming menu
Posted By: Hernan Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/13/19 01:18 PM
Thanks for the reply Carlos#1.
No. I plug the curly cable in the correct spot. I just reconnected it, unplug power and plug it back it. same result.

Posted By: Hernan Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/17/19 07:49 PM
Any one else have an idea? or should I just return this phone?
Posted By: msohrt Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/19/19 02:48 AM
You need to start by initializing the set back to factory default and then program the station ID and the IP address of the IPU card that you are trying to connect to. All the steps are in the IPT Administrator Guide. You can access a copy of this at https://www.empirecomm.com/support/Phone_Admin.pdf
Posted By: newtecky Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/19/19 02:40 PM
I have programmed a few IP phones over the years and helped other people over the phone. The only time that I could not get into the phone admin is when the handset cord was plugged into the wrong spot (headset port) or the handset was left off the cradle (both mentioned above). Sometimes a customer had timing issues pressing all four buttons at the same time. I think I had one phone that wouldn't boot at all.

Have you tried rebooting and trying the 4 buttons right when the phone starts up? You can pretty much enter programming when the phone is getting an IP address from DHCP (IP Settings).
Posted By: Hernan Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/19/19 06:52 PM
Thanks for the reply.
msohrt. what do you mean by "initializing the set back"? the steps on that link are the once I have used in the past. my problem is that I cant get into the admin area (3+6+9+hold). The phone as soon as it boots up shows "Trying LAN". Once I can get into the admin part I know how to setup the IP the IPU card etc. I just dont know if there is away to get it out of that mode.

newtecky. I have setup few phone like this and this is the 1st one that does it. All cables are in the right spot.
I tried right after rebooting (no look), before it went to "trying LAN" (no luck). I think this is a hardware issue.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/19/19 07:37 PM
Are you using power adapter or POE? I'm the same as all of the others handset cord plugged into the headset jack or maybe bad hardware. Is the phone used? Maybe has a static IP set and static ipu set. I don't think you said what you were connection this to as far as a system goes, CIX or IPedge?
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: IP5132-SD setup - 06/19/19 10:06 PM
Hi Herman,

If you are unable to get into handset programming mode with the handset on hook and plugged into the correct port then the phone must be faulty or firmware incorrectly loaded.

The other thing you could try is the IPT Recovery Procedure.
Symptom of failure of IPT2000 series phone is the IPT2000 LCD screen shows blank while upgrading the firmware. The LED on IPT2000 phone is blinking RED and 3+6+9+Hold is not possible.

I have a copy of the procedure and the files needed to do the recovery.
Please PM me with your contact details.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help