atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Fishertech IES 16 problems - 06/20/19 07:29 PM
Hello Toshiba gurus!

I've got a CIX 670 system with an IES-16 that has been in system for years. Some of the programming got lost, and I've been banging my head against the wall on this.

There is a single mailbox (504) that after hours callers have the option to leave a message for the next business day. They listen to the company greeting, then press 2 to leave the message and it goes to MB 504.
That part of it is working. The customer has 2 reception phones where they check these messages. I set up phantom DN and Message Wait buttons on each phone (505 and 506) for the messages to be copied to. That also is working.

Now, the customer is telling me that previously, messages deleted from one phone also deleted from the other. It sounds to me like both phones were accessing MB504 if that's what was really happening. I've never run into a scenario like this.

Any ideas?

**Bonus problem: The message wait LED stopped working for the phantom MW on 505 and 506. I had the customer use #409 to cancel the MW light for messages that were no longer there. Could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Anyone with the solution/s will be my hero.
Posted By: msohrt Re: IES 16 problems - 06/21/19 04:35 AM
The message centers for both Phantom extensions have to be the voicemail pilot number and the VMID needs to me 504 for both Phantoms. You will have to create templates in mailbox 504 to light and pickup for both 505 and 506. Make sure that the Primary extension is assigned as the owner of their own Phantom with the message key.

These steps should resolve all the issues!!!
Posted By: Fishertech Re: IES 16 problems - 06/24/19 05:20 PM
Much thanks. I'll be implementing that the first chance I get.
Posted By: Fishertech Re: IES 16 problems - 06/24/19 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by msohrt
The message centers for both Phantom extensions have to be the voicemail pilot number and the VMID needs to me 504 for both Phantoms. You will have to create templates in mailbox 504 to light and pickup for both 505 and 506. Make sure that the Primary extension is assigned as the owner of their own Phantom with the message key.

These steps should resolve all the issues!!!

That indeed took care of it. Thanks, I'm grateful.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help