atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jared R Toshiba CTX CO jack - 07/21/19 02:29 AM
So I’m a little curious about something. I know with the CTX100 CO line cards that there are two jacks for lines 1 and 2 & 3 and 4. I am using two lines and I’m trying to figure out how to get lines 1 and 2 together in the one jack so I can avoid using line 3 as 2. Is there a special RJ11 cable I am supposed to use to get lines 1 and 2 in the same jack together so that I can have two lines on my system? Thanks, Jared.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Toshiba CTX CO jack - 07/21/19 02:50 AM
I would guess it's a 6p4c jack? just use a 2 pair line cord for each group of 2 lines.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Toshiba CTX CO jack - 07/21/19 03:03 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jared R Re: Toshiba CTX CO jack - 07/21/19 08:30 PM
I just tried building my own phone cable with two RJ11 jacks on one end for lines one and two and one jack on the other end to plug into the jack on the CTX 100 card but I still don’t have anything on line two. Are there any other solutions?
Posted By: newtecky Re: Toshiba CTX CO jack - 07/21/19 09:31 PM
Make sure that the line cords at the CIX side have 4 pins.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Toshiba CTX CO jack - 07/21/19 09:55 PM
Have you verified you have dial tone on your new line cord? Are you using an actual line cord or UTP?
Posted By: Jared R Re: Toshiba CTX CO jack - 07/21/19 10:50 PM
UTP. I have white/blue & blue/white in the inner pins of the one jack and white/orange & orange/white in the outer pins of the other jack at the same end that I have crimped. The other end of the cable is a crimped jack that has all blue (with white) and orange (with white) or four wires excluding green and brown plugged into the line one and two jack (I followed the CTX100 wiring jack diagram). Also if it helps I’m using a Google voice Obi-talk as my incoming two phone lines.
Posted By: Jared R Re: Toshiba CTX CO jack - 07/22/19 01:32 AM
Well I should have done this in the first place. I tried using a 4 pin RJ11 cable and it works just fine. Long story short, there was a little confusion but now I have lines 1 and 2 up and working with the Obi-talk unit and the CTX100. Thanks everyone for all the tips!😀
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Toshiba CTX CO jack - 07/22/19 03:27 AM
Thanks for the update.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help