atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chrismec Multiple Call Group across Nodes possible? - 08/21/19 02:53 PM
Hello, we have some folks that have desks at different sites(system nodes). I would like to set them up with the same extension at both sites, or have a number that would ring both sites. Is it possible to setup something like a multiple call group that covers multiple nodes? I've poked around and couldnt find an answer. This is for a cix670. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Nope. A multiple call group can only ring a local extension. I have tried and I haven't come up with any way to ring 2 different sites at the same time.
NOOOOOOOOOOO! I was hoping that was not the case...
That's right, you cannot ring multiple phones across nodes with an MCG. You could use remote IPTs if that's an option for you. You can then put the local extension and the remote IP phone in an MCG and both would ring when the MCG is called.
You can set a System Call Forward so MCG at site 1 overflows to MCG on site 2 and vise versa but not to parallel ring together this has never been a feature of StrataNet.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help