atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NKunn009 CTX100 System move - 12/13/19 11:10 AM
Morning All (in the UK anyway) - great forum. Many of my Google searches got hits on posts here smile

We moved offices and did the simple task of moving the system (although in storage for 6 months) to the new office.
Our system is an old CTX100, running simply 5 extensions with DKT3512F-SD phones. ISDN incoming with 2 lines.
I wired the whole building for data and com's myself. Cat6 and 5e respectively. No issues to report there.

The phone system appears to have thrown a little wobbler. The 5 Extensions are DN 200 - 204. All programming seems to be intact, the functionality too except.... Incoming calls only ring on 200 and they cannot be picked up by any other extension unless dialling #5#9 to pick up the call. This is where it get stranger the two line buttons that would normally flash indicating an incoming call or showing a line was in use do not flash on incoming call, the feature button for ext 200 does. Pressing this does not pick up the call.

I have been going through the programming options as best I can with a phone that only has 12 FB buttons and all seems as it was.
Never needed to get into the programming sides of it as it was setup before I worked for the company and has always worked.
I cannot get WinAdmin anywhere, I have eManager installed but fear the community name was changed by the installer as I cannot login using the standard login details. The CTX has a valid IP address and can be ping'd, not sure if I read somewhere that the community name was actually linked to the std IP address, obviously this changed with DCHP. Unfortunately installing eManager to my laptop has been a failure to get close to the system with a crossover cable.
Is it possible to check the community name through the phone programming interface, nothing in the button programming manual mentioning community name at all.

The system is able to take both lines incoming at the same time, transfer calls etc all is it should. It just the ringing and answering on only ext 200 that is all a bit strange, oh and annoying as it is my phone Sucks

Sorry about the war and peace first post.

Thanks for any suggestions
Nigel
Posted By: tmeier Re: CTX100 System move - 12/13/19 04:59 PM
Since no one else has replied yet ill throw my 2 sense in. It looks to me like you have your 2 lines plugged into the wrong port on the line card. Default DIT is 200 so could be why only 200 is ringing with no line appearance. I would try switching to the bottom plug on your line card.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CTX100 System move - 12/16/19 08:17 AM
Was the time and date correct when you tuned on the system? Just wondering if it lost it's programming.
The IP address will never be DHCP. The community name is setup independent of the IP address. About 99 % of the systems I have encountered have the default community name.
Posted By: NKunn009 Re: CTX100 System move - 12/16/19 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by tmeier
Since no one else has replied yet ill throw my 2 sense in. It looks to me like you have your 2 lines plugged into the wrong port on the line card. Default DIT is 200 so could be why only 200 is ringing with no line appearance. I would try switching to the bottom plug on your line card.

I have tried both RJ45 ports on the card, operation exactly the same on both ports.
I have set call forward at the moment so I don't have to answer it. smile
Posted By: NKunn009 Re: CTX100 System move - 12/16/19 09:45 AM
Thanks for the replies any suggestions are welcome smile

The time and date are correct. The only thing I feel odd is the time display on the phone is not 24 hour and it was in storage that long nobody can remember if it used to be 24 hour format or not. it is 9:39 GMT and the phone reports 09:39 which is correct in my eyes.
All the station names are the same as before so it doesn't appear to have lost the programming which is really odd.

The other odd thing is that if I unplug ext 200 then any incoming calls get a message saying that your call cannot be connected at this time (or something to that effect). It's almost like it's direct dialling to ext 200 (weird).
Posted By: NKunn009 Re: CTX100 System move - 12/16/19 04:10 PM
With my 12 FB button phone my programming is limited in some respects, I was thinking of backing up to SD card and doing a reset but not sure if on reset the defaults would allow the phone access to the system for programming??

I have the com port to rj11 connector but cannot for the life of find the old winadmin software, I think it was on a long retired laptop and the disk has gone bye bye.
Should anyone want to PM me a link to Winadmin that is not on the Toshiba's dealer site I would be very grateful.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CTX100 System move - 12/16/19 07:29 PM
Emanager is intended to be backward compatible with older versions of CIX software, so you should not need Winadmin. I am sure that I tossed out those CDs a long time ago.

The only issues I have had I with eManager and very old version of CIX software, like 1.X. I don't know if UK versions are the same as US versions.

As far as the backup, if the system were to lose the programming in the processor (saved with the battery), then the system will pull the last saved backup on the media card (either SM or SD card, depending on the hardware). if there is no backup or no media card, then the system will boot to default settings.

You could backup the current configuration and factory default the system. I would consider using a media reader and saving the default.dat file before deleting it, just in case this is a good configuration

Posted By: NKunn009 Re: CTX100 System move - 12/17/19 04:02 PM
The other odd thing it does since moving is that when you try to get an outside line for the first time in a while you will get an engaged beeping tone, replace the handset or cancel the speaker phone and try to gain a line immediately it engages an outside line immediately. Odd.
Posted By: NKunn009 Re: CTX100 System move - 12/18/19 05:58 PM
Further updates to the oddities.
When I change mode to night mode (mode 3) any incoming calls do not go to the answerphone(voicemail).
Incoming calls when ringing on my ext (200) displays on the phone as … CHG 1 Ringing and the intercom light flashes rather than the line button above it.
It's almost like the incoming call is an internal transfer??

Tempted to reset, will I have programming access from the phone after a system initialise to defaults?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX100 System move - 12/19/19 05:42 AM
If you initialize and reset, plan on programming it all from scratch. I'll give you a hand if you can email me the default.dat file from the SD/SM card, preferably if you can make a recent backup if possible. If not possible, just send me the one that's already on the SD/SM card. I'll PM you my email address.
Posted By: NKunn009 Re: CTX100 System move - 12/19/19 09:49 AM
If I have to program from scratch it shouldn't be too hard (famous last words). We only have a small set up 5 ext. ISDN 2 lines. 1 voicemail. Standard features like anyone can answer a call, transfer to another ext etc. Going to find an older smaller SD card first to see if I can back up the system config.
Cheers
Nigel
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help