atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: iatech3800 CIX 670 Unresponsive ethernet port - 06/08/20 03:08 PM
I have a CIX 670 which I believe has a dead ethernet port. It has an active link light when connecting it to a switch or directly to my laptop but I can not ping the IP address.

Anyone else have an issue like this?
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX 670 Unresponsive ethernet port - 06/08/20 05:08 PM
I have had some very old CIX100 processors that had some poor network connections, but typically I haven't seen the same issue with the CIX670. I have seen the admin part of the processor lock-up (unable to connect with eManager), but the processor would still respond to PINGs. Usually you will need to cycle power on the system to get it workings again. Toshiba did fix this in later firmware releases.

If it isn't pinging, then make sure that you know the IP address of the system (prg 916), and that your PC or laptop is within the same network range, and that you try different cords.
Posted By: iatech3800 Re: CIX 670 Unresponsive ethernet port - 06/09/20 02:22 PM
I ended up rebooting the system which brought it back to life. The voicemail wasn't working either due to the connection being down.
It's been working fine for years, it just recently started having ethernet issues. Seems more like a hardware issue possibly.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX 670 Unresponsive ethernet port - 06/09/20 09:25 PM
If it is that bug that causes the Stratagy ES or iES to lockup the processor, Toshiba finally fixed it on the latest 3.10 MK063 or on later 5.xX builds. I had a bunch of systems that locked up and required a reboot. Fun fact, looking at prg 916 would sometimes cause the system to reboot.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help