atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Duane F. CIX40/GVPH voice mail problem - 08/19/20 09:50 PM
I have a customer with a CIX40 installed in 2009. They used it for awhile, quit using it for awhile, and are now using it again. This time they wanted a voice mail system added to it. I have installed a GVPH voice mail card and am having a couple of issues getting it to work correctly. This is a used GVPH. The voice mail is to answer after a 24 second delay during business hours so they have a chance to answer the phones. It is supposed to answer immediately after hours, play the company greeting and instructions and give the caller the option to leave a message by pressing zero for the operator. These two instances work just fine. The two problems I am having is on a transferred call to an extension that is not answered and when the user tries to check messages. In both instances the call goes to mailbox 990 (the greeting) and then to mailbox 991 (the instuctions) instead of the correct voice mailbox. I am unable to do a direct transfer to a specific mailbox also.

After going online to research the the issue I found the following in the GVPH programming manual: "Test SMDI.
After the SMDI feature has been enabled in GVPH and the link has been established with the backplane, the SMDI link can be tested. Initial testing can be done by making test calls into GVPH. Program a User ID with default options. Use the default System Greeting and default System Busy greetings for the mailbox.
1. Make a call into GVPH from an extension that is the same number as the User ID. GVPH receives a Direct Call packet and prompts “Please enter your security code.” Note If the system plays the Company Greeting, then the CIX40 is not programmed properly. Recheck the programming."

This appears to be what is happening to this system, however I have checked the programming against another CIX40/GVPH system that works correctly and I cannot find the problem. The central voicemail DN is 250 with VM ports 501-504. I would appreciate any suggestions as to where to look for possible solutions.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: CIX40/GVPH voice mail problem - 08/19/20 10:13 PM
Have you configured the "Set SMDI base port" to 501 to match the first SLT VM port DN? You will find this under the VM System Parameters.
You will need to save the 501 change and this will force a reboot of the VM

When you call the VM 250 say from handset 200 with a VMID of 200 it should answer with "please enter your security code" then you will know the SMDI is working.
Posted By: Duane F. Re: CIX40/GVPH voice mail problem - 08/20/20 12:43 AM
Thank you for your response Carl. I will check that setting and change it if necessary.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help