atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Barrontel Toshiba CTX 100 DTMF - 09/11/20 08:15 PM
Hi all,

I have a customer that dial 9 seems to be hit & miss using their PRI, as an example one Time you dial 9 and it doesn’t break dial tone but the local prefix after that does and the provider will come back with a misdial recording, try again dial 9 , dial tone stops and the rest of the dialing is normal and completes the call.

It’s happening on multiple phones, Digital & single line.

There doesn’t appear to be a problem dialing in house.

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Toshiba CTX 100 DTMF - 09/11/20 08:26 PM
Can you do a Hyperterminal trace off the PRI card to see if you are sending the INFO DTMF packets and what the reply is from the carrier?
Have you tried testing the system and service using an ISDN Trend tester?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba CTX 100 DTMF - 09/12/20 05:39 PM
Try changing the dial 9 from LCR to OLG access under System-->Flexible Codes. If you can't break dial tone after dialing 9, it's not a PRI issue. With a PRI, the CIX sends the dialed digits en bloc. That is, it waits for you to dial the entire number before it sends it all at once to the PRI.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Toshiba CTX 100 DTMF - 09/13/20 01:05 AM
I think this desciption threw me off a little bit. I have been working with CIX Toshiba for a few years, but I don't use one on a daily bases. So when OP said that dialing 9 doesn't break dialtone, I thought "when did it ever break dialtone"? I always got a second dialtone after dialing 9. I checked with the Toshiba phone on my desk to be sure. smile

When dialing 9 for LCR, the Toshiba CIX will still provide a dialtone to the user. The dialtone will stop after the user dials the 1st digit of the phone number. As mentioned by Phonemeister, the entire phone number is sent to the PRI all at once when the user has completed dialing.

Does the provider require 11 digit dialing? I have been at several locations where the carrier requires 1 + area code but the users are dialing 10 digits, excluding the 1. I have also seen phone carriers prefer 10 digits without the 1, which meant that I had to strip the 1, and change the public dialing plan to 10 digits.

Also, check to see if they aren't using a pool line key or something to make a call. The should be dialing 9 from an Intercom key.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba CTX 100 DTMF - 09/15/20 06:12 AM
If it was working fine before and this issue just appeared out of nowhere, try recycling the power on the CIX. Maybe check the public dial plan in the CIX and make sure the entries are valid.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Toshiba CTX 100 DTMF - 09/15/20 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by Barrontel
Any thoughts?

Maybe a response with some details so we can stop guessing!
Posted By: Barrontel Re: Toshiba CTX 100 DTMF - 09/15/20 04:35 PM
I’m going out there shortly so hopefully I’ll have more information
Posted By: Barrontel Re: Toshiba CTX 100 DTMF - 09/15/20 04:38 PM
Sorry I thought I replied the other night but it didn’t post apparently.

I’m going to try the suggestions posted.

Thanks all
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help