atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MarcO Qc ISDN Caller ID relay - 10/30/20 05:48 PM
Hi
Customer is using a PRI. The have to transfers their sales calls to an outside number. They have an LVMU answering the calls and when you reach the operator she transfers the call to the outside location. What I need to do is have the caller ID of the inbound caller being transfered to the outside number. I did many test and as soon as an extension is involved in the transfer I send the local caller ID instead of relaying the caller ID of the inbound caller. Is there a way to do that?
Posted By: newtecky Re: ISDN Caller ID relay - 10/30/20 09:09 PM
If you were doing a direct forwarding from a PRI out to an external number, for example when an extension turns on call forwarding, then the Toshiba system will pass along the caller's Caller ID. When the voicemail or an operator is transferring a call offsite, technically they are making a new call and then connecting the other caller to the call. In this case, the caller ID sent out to the carrier is for the Voicemail port or the operator's extension.

The LVMU has no way to modify the caller ID on an outgoing call. This was possible with the IPEdge voicemail system and the most recent CIX software, but not for Stratagy LVMU
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help