atcomsystems.ca/forum
I'm trying to manage a CIX670 with eManager. Where do I go to find out caller ID info? Some extensions seem to share a number shown when calling out, others show their direct dial line, some are empty. No idea where to look. I feel like I'm reading hieroglyphics, though I might take that over eManager right now. smile
Originally Posted by LonelyAdmin
I'm trying to manage a CIX670 with eManager. Where do I go to find out caller ID info? Some extensions seem to share a number shown when calling out, others show their direct dial line, some are empty. No idea where to look. I feel like I'm reading hieroglyphics, though I might take that over eManager right now. smile

Ok, here's what I have found...

eManager->Trunk->Calling Number
Choose OLG "1" (Looks like I only have one)
321 01 Default number is blank
321 02 Prefix is set to local area code, 3 digits
322 01 Source is Prime DN (don't know what the other choices mean)
322 02 Source Number is 3 digit extension, either type it or list then choose
322 03 Will populate with 6 digit calling number appended to 321-01. (What will it send if blank?)

Are there any other pieces I'm missing?
Usually I will add the main number in the default number. If the PBX doesn't send up a phone number then the carrier will usually attach the BTN (main number). If you assign the last 7 digits of the caller ID to the extension, then the system will add the default area code along and send the full 10 digits to the carrier.

It's a major pain when you have some extensions that want to send out a different area code. Toshiba did this a little better in the IPEdge.
Got it, thanks!
Is IPEdge an option for me? I don't even remember where I found a copy of eManager.
I probably should not have mentioned IPEdge without some explanation. This was the PBX replacement for the Strata CIX. Like all Toshiba telecom products, they are no longer available. The eManager software is your only option to manage a CIX.
Got it. Thanks newtucky!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help