atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bushmills MWI on PHDN - 09/17/21 06:45 PM
Hey folks,

Wondering about a bit of help with a CIX40 with GVPH.
We have a general mailbox that I would like to have MWI show for it on multiple phones.
I've programed PHDN and MW-PhDN keys on all the phones. (each with a different PHDN).
In the VM Manager notify, I added two new templates replacing the U with a V to point to the variable filed.
I can get it to light one phone, but can't seem to find the proper syntax to get it lit on other phones.

Thanks!

=B
Posted By: newtecky Re: MWI on PHDN - 09/18/21 12:58 AM
It sounds like you are on the right track. Did you assign owners to the PhDNs?
Posted By: Bushmills Re: MWI on PHDN - 09/20/21 04:18 PM
Yes each PhDN has the extension it is on as the owner.

It's how to list he PhDNs in the variable field that is giving me problems. Can you list them in that field or do you need to add on/off templates for each PhDN that you want to activate?

-B
Posted By: newtecky Re: MWI on PHDN - 09/21/21 02:27 AM
You will need a separate Notification entry for each extension, and a a second one to turn off the light for each extension. It really becomes a big pain.

I am assuming that you took a built-in SMDI template, such a COM1-3D Light on, and changed the U to a V, and then saved it as a new template? I usually change the name so I don't get it confused with the built-in templates. You don't want to change the built-in ones. That could cause problems with your message lights for everyone

Hint, the 3D means 3 digit extension. If you are using 4 digit PhDN extensions then you will need to use the template COM1-4D Light on and Light off.

You don't need to create a new template for every PhDN entry. Just save the first one and then select to over write the current Template when you add a new entry for a different extensions. As long as you don't change anything, it should be fine.

Here is my entry for a modified COM1-3D Light On: @S(1,'OP:MWI 0000000%V!\D')

You could also try using the DTMF light on and Light off , CTX 100 Light on W(5,T)#63%E-
(Change the E to a V)
Posted By: Bushmills Re: MWI on PHDN - 09/28/21 04:23 PM
Thanks David! That's the info I was after!

Cheers,

-B
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help