atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NiagaraGuy SIP Call Staions and Paging Group - 01/21/22 06:05 PM
We have purchasaed emergency call stations that are connected to our CTX 670 using SIP stations.

We want to be able to create a paging group so that we can make annoucement to all the call stations at the same time

It will not allow me to add SIP station to paging groups.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

When the phone is called it automatically activates the speaker so that isn't an issue, it is about addresses mulpiple SIP phone as the same time.

Thanks.
Posted By: Toner Re: SIP Call Staions and Paging Group - 01/21/22 08:16 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I highly doubt the CTX670 has the ability to page 3rd party IP endpoints. On Avaya IP Office it's only been possible with recent versions (within the last 3 or so years)...
Posted By: nortelvoip Re: SIP Call Staions and Paging Group - 01/21/22 11:53 PM
The CIX could not to paging to sip stations so I know the CTX line couldn't either. I don't believe the IPedge systems could either, but I didn't really use the IPedge line.
Posted By: newtecky Re: SIP Call Staions and Paging Group - 01/23/22 07:52 PM
Only Toshiba phones (IP or Digital) can be in a page group. This is the same for any Toshiba PBX, including the IPEdge. You can only make a direct call to any SIP station.

Does the SIP call station do Multicast paging? The CIX can not, but you could relay a multicast page.
Posted By: newtecky Re: SIP Call Staions and Paging Group - 01/23/22 08:35 PM
To expand on Multicast:
As long as all your SIP devices can receive a Multicast page and they are all on the same broadcast network, I think this would be your best bet. I would recommend adding an Algo 8301 to broadcast the page across the network. You will need another SIP extension, which may be an issue since we can't add any licenses to the CIX anymore.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help