atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ToshiGal75 IPedge calling issues - 02/03/22 07:24 PM
We have native ipEdge (1.6.2.3701) that will not allow users to call out or call in randomly once or twice a day.
They have analog trunks with a Mediatrix FXO gateway. We have replaced the gateway thinking that might be the problem, but the issue persists.
Have had the carrier come in and check their equipment (IAD converting digital to analog - I know why not go SIP? no idea). They say their equipment is good.
Today customer informed me that at the same time they couldn't call out or in, they couldn't check voicemail either - new issue WTH?
When I checked Maintenance - System Maintenance - System processes
SIP Converter had restarted at the same approx time the issue was reported. Coincidence? What does this all mean?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I don't even know what logs to look at.

THanks in advance,
Posted By: newtecky Re: IPedge calling issues - 02/06/22 03:51 AM
On a lot of those Toshiba IPEdge systems, I used to get random lockups. I haven't seen services randomly restart. Maybe it restarted because of a SIP error. I am not sure.

A little feedback form the user's would be helpful. Did they see an error message on the display? All line busy or Call Abandoned? A call abandoned to me says that the problem was not the IPEdge.

I am not good at logs. I have a grasp on the voicemail logs. Maybe you can grab the logs from the messaging on that day to see if there was anything that looked odd, like the voicemail could not connect to the PBX. It won't identify the problem, but maybe it will tell you if the PBX is having a problem.
Posted By: ToshiGal75 Re: IPedge calling issues - 02/08/22 07:25 PM
After troubleshooting with the customer & the IPS, it turns out the issue is with the ISP - so much frustration & a waste of time.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help