atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Motohead Gmail Less secure apps ending - 05/13/22 04:12 PM
I have several small customers with CIX/IES and unified messaging they use gmail for their business I created Gmail accounts with Less Secure Apps turned on. This has been working fine for years I'm reading that GMail is turning off that feature as of June 2022 and forcing Oauth2. This will break the voicemail to email feature. Does anyone know of any free E-Mail services that exist that will still allow these old systems to work? FYI this problem also exists with many manufactures security camera alarm notifications and NEC SL1100 SL2100
Posted By: C5Z Re: Gmail Less secure apps ending - 05/24/22 01:55 AM
I'm having the same issue with Panasonic TVA voicemail systems. I have been successful using free email from GMX.com, once you create the email account, you need to turn on POP3/SMTP for third party applications.

Kevin
Posted By: Brian H Re: Gmail Less secure apps ending - 06/13/22 08:55 PM
Another solution is to turn on 2-step verification in the mailbox. Then you can setup an app password to use for the voicemail system. I have done it on a few systems so far.
Posted By: Luv2uallday Re: Gmail Less secure apps ending - 10/07/22 03:21 AM
that is the only option to make gmail work with less secure devices. I had to do that myself we had vm to email but it stopped working then turned on 2 step auth and made the 16 digit app password started working again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help