atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LonelyAdmin CIX670 Voicemail help - 06/14/22 02:12 PM
I've got a CIX670 with a voicemail box that nobody has the password for. All I have is eManager over the LAN and a funky serial cable I handmade a year ago to clean out VM space on what I think was called an IPV8. I don't remember if I used putty or if I had to have some sort of executable to manage the voicemail system. Before I drive out to this old dinosaur to connect to the PBX can someone give me the steps (and/or apps) needed once I get there?

Or can this be done over eManager?

Thank you.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX670 Voicemail help - 06/14/22 10:46 PM
Except for a couple of specific models of Stratragy ES you don't use eManager for voicemail. The IVP8 uses a DB 9 Null modem serial cable. The software would be the Stratagy VM Manager
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: CIX670 Voicemail help - 08/28/22 10:38 PM
Or you could use the voicemail admin mailbox via the telephone if you know the password to the admin mailbox.
Posted By: LonelyAdmin Re: CIX670 Voicemail help - 01/26/23 04:30 PM
Can someone please provide the pinout for the DB9-DB9 null modem cable?
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX670 Voicemail help - 01/29/23 06:03 AM
I usually buy them, but they are harder to find now days. I think Amazon probably has them

Anyway, they would be female both ends.
This site may help if you are going to do it yourself
https://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/rs-232-null-modem
Posted By: LonelyAdmin Re: CIX670 Voicemail help - 02/01/23 02:24 PM
Thanks! I summoned by inner and much younger self from the '90's and made one from cannibalizing several old cables I had lying around. Serial work used to be a daily thing back then. Can't believe I used to do this without glasses!

Every time I make a serial cable I tell myself this is the last time I'll probably deal with a serial cable. Every time I'm wrong!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help