atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: adteldon Toshiba DK 424 - 08/05/22 02:22 PM
Hey guys,
I have a client with a DK 424 with a c/d processor and 2 PRI's. They are switching carriers and going back to 1 PRI. I am a Vertical guy and have forgotten most of what I knew about Toshiba. Other than program 16, do I need to make any changes to *41 or *42 (if so, what?)? Are there any other programs I may not be thinking of? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Vermont Joe Re: Toshiba DK 424 - 08/05/22 03:09 PM
If you are utilizing LCR, you will have to change your routing.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Toshiba DK 424 - 08/07/22 12:23 AM
First, a disclaimer: I have never programmed a PRI on a DK system, before. I started working with Toshiba on the Strata CTX line. I have worked on DK systems, but not one with a PRI.

Based on the DK manual, you do not want to change program 16. Prgm *41 appears to be for a T1 RDTU card, not a PRI RPTU. Prgm *42 applies to both cards.

I would think that if you disconnect one of the PRI cards, that the other one will automatically handle all incoming and outgoing calls. This is assuming that both PRIs are in the same trunk group in the system, and the didn't split the DIDs for some odd reason. I am not 100% sure if you can setup 2 PRIs into the same outgoing line group, but I am pretty sure that if one PRI is down, outgoing calls should route to the working PRI. This would also assume that both PRIs were setup for both incoming and outgoing calls.

I mean as a test you could unplug one of the PRIs before the cut and test all inbound and outbound calling. Just don't disconnect the one that is the primary clock source per prgm *42. This should be the card with a flashing LED.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Toshiba DK 424 - 08/28/22 10:35 PM
If you unplug one of your PRI's then it will be busy so the LCR will just see that as a busy trunk group.
You can change the trunk groups and just remove the channels that are no longer in use.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help