atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: stwtech Stratagy ES Voicemail/FAX question. - 04/17/23 05:37 PM
Hello All,
We have a CIX670 with Stratagy ES Voicemail with Fax capabilities. I need to know how to turn off the fax notification to voicemail. I have a client that gets a few junk faxes and it annoys him that his message light is blinking for a fax. He wants his message light to only blink when he has a voice message. Can this be done? If so please tell me how. Thanks in advance,
Posted By: newtecky Re: Stratagy ES Voicemail/FAX question. - 04/18/23 03:28 AM
Is this auto-detecting fax tones in his voicemail? I don't think that I have ever setup a Stratagy like that. Generally, I use a separate phone number for faxes to a separate voicemail box.

You can still use set faxes to go to a different voicemail box. You can have the faxes get emailed and then deleted from the voicemail box. Are voicemail messages getting sent by email also? Typically I will set the Stratagy to delete on send unless the user specifically wants to delete them in 2 places.
Posted By: stwtech Re: Stratagy ES Voicemail/FAX question. - 04/20/23 06:22 PM
Thank you so much for your response! I did exactly as you said with the different mail box and it worked like a charm just upset I didn't think of it. lol
Posted By: newtecky Re: Stratagy ES Voicemail/FAX question. - 04/21/23 04:11 PM
Good to hear. I guess I didn't consider if you had enough UM licenses for 2 voicemail boxes, but we probably could have come up with a workaround if that was the case.
At least voicemail boxes are not licensed in the Stratagy, as they are in the IPEdge.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help