atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KathyKorson Starplus 616 Caller ID - 05/10/04 12:52 PM
I have a Starplus 616 Flex system. I have attached a Caller ID to it but it does not work. I have the two line caller ID. Can someone please tell me if I need something special to make it work?
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Starplus 616 Caller ID - 05/10/04 12:58 PM
Unfortunately, Starplus 616 Flex system does not support caller ID. In order to use your 2-line unit you will need a jack terminated to the two incoming lines ahead of the system.
Posted By: KathyKorson Re: Starplus 616 Caller ID - 05/11/04 06:15 AM
Thank you for replying but what do you mean when you say I need a "jack terminated to the two incoming lines?" I dont understand. Sorry. But thank you so very much.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JOHNYREB:
Unfortunately, Starplus 616 Flex system does not support caller ID. In order to use your 2-line unit you will need a jack terminated to the two incoming lines ahead of the system.
</font>
Posted By: paul144 Re: Starplus 616 Caller ID - 05/11/04 06:36 AM
To make it simple, the Vodavi analog systems are not capable of recieving or transmitting caller ID information.
As I understand it, the only way to get caller ID information on this system is to put in a caller ID unit on the incoming lines before thaey go to the KSU and have it send the caller ID info to an external, not connected to the system, ID display on the user's desk. There are several types of this kind of unit manufactured and I believe that they are fairly easy to set up. The only annoying part is running two sets of wiring to each and every desk that you want to have caller ID information at, and the extra unit on each desk.
Posted By: KathyKorson Re: Starplus 616 Caller ID - 05/11/04 10:28 AM
Thank you so much. I will have to look into that. Appreciate the assistance. Have a great day.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paul144:
To make it simple, the Vodavi analog systems are not capable of recieving or transmitting caller ID information.
As I understand it, the only way to get caller ID information on this system is to put in a caller ID unit on the incoming lines before thaey go to the KSU and have it send the caller ID info to an external, not connected to the system, ID display on the user's desk. There are several types of this kind of unit manufactured and I believe that they are fairly easy to set up. The only annoying part is running two sets of wiring to each and every desk that you want to have caller ID information at, and the extra unit on each desk.
</font>
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help