atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: FayTech XTS Networking accross fiber - 05/24/04 08:30 AM
I have a customer that we are trying to get to get rid of an 0x32 and try out Vodavi. They have fiber between the building and I was wondering if there was a good way to fake the point-to-point or another way to extend extensions over fiber.
Posted By: A6 Re: XTS Networking accross fiber - 05/24/04 03:59 PM
If you want to do networking and use Vodavi's networking software, you have use a PRI circuit between the machines. I don't know how much equipment like that costs for both ends of the fiber but that would be the way to go.

I would gather if you have fiber already there, they have to be using some type light decoding device. That is unless the fiber terminates directly into the equipment.
If the equipment is stand alone from the phone system, I am sure you can somehow pull the bandwidth to create a T1/PRI connection.
Posted By: brokeda Re: XTS Networking accross fiber - 05/24/04 09:43 PM
I believe that MCK make a T1 over eithernet
emulator. MCK.com
Posted By: brokeda Re: XTS Networking accross fiber - 05/24/04 09:52 PM
sorry, thats multitech.com
Posted By: OLD TECH Re: XTS Networking accross fiber - 07/01/04 06:45 PM
There are devices, I sorry I don't know the manufacturer, that take a fiber cable, and makes it into a t-1 or pri. What you put into one end, comes out at the other end, through the fiber. Rather neat. We hooked up two systems together as a small network, useing the t-1 card in each cabinet, the fiber devices and the fiber.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help