atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JOHNYREB Triad 3 extension re-numbering - 06/15/04 05:45 AM
I have a working knowledge of the Triad 3 but I don't feel comfortable enough telling a customer yay or nay on this one. Customer is an elementry school with phones in each classroom, and they want to re-number the extensions to match the room numbers. For example, they want the 100 wing to be 100 through 110 the 200 wing to be 200-210 etc. Is this possible without alot of trouble and are there any number combinations I need to stay away from to avoid system conlficts? They are also using a digital dipatch Voice Mail. Any thought would be appreciated.
Posted By: Rover88 Re: Triad 3 extension re-numbering - 06/15/04 08:31 AM
This is a Flash 52 function, and it's a piece of cake. I've always done my station Flexible Numbering before I set up the VM, but if you review the manual before you do it it shouldn't be any problem. Actually one of the easier Vodavi tasks! Let me know if you need any manuals, I think I have the Triads on CD here somewhere.
Posted By: Telecom_Rob Re: Triad 3 extension re-numbering - 06/15/04 10:08 AM
Rover is correct...it is pretty easy. We have a few customers that like the 1st floor to be 100-1xx and the 2nd floor to be 200-2xx.

Here are my quick reference notes for what it's worth....

Flexible Extentions
-flash 52
-button 22=increase
-button 23=decrease
-but 21=direct flex access
-but 24=direct fix access
To Change Flex Code
-press butt 1
-press butt 2 to delete
-while button 1 is lit enter ext hold
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Triad 3 extension re-numbering - 06/15/04 12:04 PM
Appreciate the info guys, I'll give it a shot. I didn't think there would be a problem and knew they could be changed, but just wasn't sure if it mattered what I changed them to. I didn't want to create more problems than I solved. Thanks again!
Posted By: FayTech Re: Triad 3 extension re-numbering - 06/15/04 02:22 PM
IF YOU CAN USE THE WINDBA PROGRAMMING VIA LAPTOP ITS EVEN EASIER. yOUR ONLY PROBLEM WILL COME RENUMBERING STATION 100 IF 200 EXIST IN THE DATABASE AT ALL, EVEN IF ITS NOT BEING USED. NUMBERS OBVIOUSLY CANNOT COEXIST.
Posted By: A6 Re: Triad 3 extension re-numbering - 06/15/04 06:47 PM
The other posts are correct on changing the station numbers. If you are using voice mail for an RNA or a BFWD you have to make sure each station carries the voicemail inband integration.

If you need some verbal assistance JR, call me. I can step you through some of this if needed.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Triad 3 extension re-numbering - 06/16/04 10:47 AM
Thanks A6, I may take you up on that. School won't start for another a couple months so we are going to wait until all the new teachers get there to make the changes. Thanks again to all for the help.
Posted By: vodaviman Re: Triad 3 extension re-numbering - 07/15/04 06:22 PM
I am amazed by the acuracy of the support given here. This task is simple and you should have no problems. A6 rocks

[This message has been edited by vodaviman (edited July 15, 2004).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help