atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rosa caller id - 06/18/04 09:50 AM
i have a Vodavi-Triad phone system and cannot get caller ID to work, I have programmed a flex key as the instructions say , but with no luck, any suggestions???
Posted By: A6 Re: caller id - 06/18/04 05:58 PM
There is more to caller id than just programming a flex key. Do you have either a caller id external box or a daughter board on an LCOBC card?

If the system is programmed properly, caller id automatically shows up on the display. The system does not automatically default with caller id, it must be programmed.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: caller id - 06/19/04 07:22 AM
And don't forget---you must have the Caller ID feature from your local carrier on your lines.
Posted By: rosa Re: caller id - 06/21/04 09:18 AM
I do have a screen on the phone for caller ID, I tried programming it like the instruction book says but I get no results.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A6:
There is more to caller id than just programming a flex key. Do you have either a caller id external box or a daughter board on an LCOBC card?

If the system is programmed properly, caller id automatically shows up on the display. The system does not automatically default with caller id, it must be programmed.
</font>
Posted By: rosa Re: caller id - 06/21/04 09:19 AM
I did get the feature from my local telephone comp.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JWRacedog:
And don't forget---you must have the Caller ID feature from your local carrier on your lines. </font>
Posted By: paul144 Re: caller id - 06/21/04 10:02 AM
I am not certain that you understood the previous posts.
Because a telephone has a display does not mean that the system itself is capable of taking caller ID information from the incoming telephone company lines and passing it on to the telephones.
There is additional hardware that you must have installed and programmed into your system for the caller ID information to be sent to the telephones.

Do you have either a caller id external box or a daughter board on an LCOBC card?

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited June 21, 2004).]

Posted By: rosa Re: caller id - 06/23/04 07:17 AM
Hello Paul,
No, my phone does not have a caller id external box or a daughter board on an LCOBC card. Do you have any suggestions on where I would be a to purchase one? or whom I should call to have one installed.
Thanks,
Rosa

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paul144:
I am not certain that you understood the previous posts.
Because a telephone has a display does not mean that the system itself is capable of taking caller ID information from the incoming telephone company lines and passing it on to the telephones.
There is additional hardware that you must have installed and programmed into your system for the caller ID information to be sent to the telephones.

Do you have either a caller id external box or a daughter board on an LCOBC card?

</font>
Posted By: paul144 Re: caller id - 06/23/04 10:06 AM
The company that you bought the system from would be a good place to start.
Also, I believe that you can get information on local Vodavi dealers throught the Vodavi home page. I think that it is www.vodavi.com but I am not certain.
Make sure that you get in touch with one that handles the Triad system.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited June 23, 2004).]
Posted By: vodaviman Re: caller id - 07/15/04 06:06 PM
Paul rocks! He gets Tech caller ID geek award!

[This message has been edited by vodaviman (edited July 15, 2004).]
Posted By: Tech1 Re: caller id - 07/28/04 07:39 PM
To verify that telco is really sending caller id clip your butt set on the line at the Dmarc and listen for a data burst after the first ring.A 3 second ring delay needs to be set in the vodavi to prevent someone from answering the phone on the first ring and getting this over the handset.
Posted By: paul144 Re: caller id - 07/29/04 06:47 AM
Did you even read the posts Tech?
This is an end user that thinks that, because a set has a display, it should be able to handle caller ID without any additional harware or programming.
I sincerely doubt that she has a butt set or has any idea what the DMark is.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited July 29, 2004).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help