atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Timbo XTS - 07/15/04 07:57 AM
Just wondering what the general feeling about the Vodavi XTS system is out there. We are looking at potentially becoming a dealer.
Pro's and con's would be appreciated. Especially any info about the IP phones.

Timbo
Posted By: FayTech Re: XTS - 07/15/04 09:44 AM
The XTS is a very good system easily prgrammed and updated. Lots of good features. Low costs of expansion makes it an easy sell. One problem with being a dealer is the name recognition. Tech support is hit or miss. Some guys are great some are not so good. They are coming out with a smaller version of the XTS I am told. It will take the same cards as the larger system. The CO cards do have to have caller ID module that's not so good. The networking cababilty of the XTS is really simple. I have seen the IP phones but have not implemented them yet. There is also a doller factor to buy the higher in IP stuff. Meaning your dealership has to sell alot. The best part about the Vodavi line is the Pathfinder voice mail. It rocks.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: XTS - 07/15/04 10:32 AM
I agree with FayTech. Vodavi has always made good solid systems---either for their name or for other labels. I have had some issues with the Dispatch VM---but that's another question. I'm not super familiar with the STS--but I've heard some real good things about it. Do a "STS" search on this website for more info. The name recognition is some parts of the country is very good---while in other parts it's not so good. Even when people get on the website---the name is just unfamiliar--and when you're trying to fight that AND your competition--sometimes it's tough---but a good sales person can take care of all those objections. It's sort of interesting that the concept of integrating VOice, DAta & VIdeo has been talked about for some time, but only one company made it their name. However, this is a TECH board--not a sales board. Good Luck.
Posted By: Timbo Re: XTS - 07/15/04 01:28 PM
JWRacedog:
I do realize this is a tech board but who better to ask about the pro's and con's of a system than the guys (and gals) that implement it?
I am familiar with the STS. We have been selling and installing it for about a year and have done quite well with it. We just need something that can grow larger than the STS and support IP Telephones (not that we'll sell many IP phones in the immediate future but I've found that prospects in the medium to larger businesses want the capability even if they don't plan on using it). I do like the STS and was wondering if the XTS was just as good.
Thanks for the replies!

Timbo
Posted By: vodaviman Re: XTS - 07/15/04 04:44 PM
Any special questions feel free to reply. The XTS is my baby. I would highly recommend dealership as long as you are interested in technology and making the end user happy. Basic PC and telcom knowledge and common sense are all you need. I strongly encourage it. There tech support is the finest you will find. especially if you are a dealer.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Timbo:
Just wondering what the general feeling about the Vodavi XTS system is out there. We are looking at potentially becoming a dealer.
Pro's and con's would be appreciated. Especially any info about the IP phones.

Timbo
</font>

[This message has been edited by vodaviman (edited July 15, 2004).]
Posted By: vodaviman Re: XTS - 07/15/04 04:48 PM
The XTS programs and performs the same as the STS, So you dont have to learn anything new. You get better support and added features. Such as ACD and Voip.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Timbo:
JWRacedog:
I do realize this is a tech board but who better to ask about the pro's and con's of a system than the guys (and gals) that implement it?
I am familiar with the STS. We have been selling and installing it for about a year and have done quite well with it. We just need something that can grow larger than the STS and support IP Telephones (not that we'll sell many IP phones in the immediate future but I've found that prospects in the medium to larger businesses want the capability even if they don't plan on using it). I do like the STS and was wondering if the XTS was just as good.
Thanks for the replies!

Timbo
</font>

[This message has been edited by vodaviman (edited July 15, 2004).]
Posted By: OLD TECH Re: XTS - 07/15/04 05:22 PM
One issue that I have with the XTS, is the card placement. If you leave a spot open, between a digital and sli card for expansion in the future. The card you put in the open spot, pulls the ext#'s from the sli card to the right. Also, the ability to program through a computer, is comberson. It isn't real time programming. You download the database, make your changes and upload the new database. If there is any corruption or interruption on the upload, you are hose. The phones are good. But from a tech stand point, I wish the information on features and programming were better documentated. Any time I call tech support, I learn another trick or piece of information, that isn't in the book.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: XTS - 07/15/04 05:57 PM
Timbo---the comment about the "Tech" board that I made --was a little poke at myself---for me talking about the origins of the name VODAVI. Techs sometimes could care less about that kind of stuff, but I always thoguht it interesting. Didn't mean anything by it--just trying to remind myself to stay on subject. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Timbo Re: XTS - 07/16/04 07:42 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JWRacedog:
Timbo---the comment about the "Tech" board that I made --was a little poke at myself---for me talking about the origins of the name VODAVI. Techs sometimes could care less about that kind of stuff, but I always thoguht it interesting. Didn't mean anything by it--just trying to remind myself to stay on subject. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] </font>

No Problem JWR....I took no offense. i just misinterpreted your comment about this being a tech board.
Posted By: Tech1 Re: XTS - 07/27/04 07:31 PM
The XTS is a great system learn to do all of your programming via flash codes using your laptop this will make it a lot faster and allow you to also access the config and mon areas that are neccesary for troublshooting the system.I never use WINDBA.
Posted By: FayTech Re: XTS - 07/28/04 01:16 PM
TO ALL:
Try WINDBA 4.23 it has some major improvements.
Posted By: dwflood Re: XTS - 07/28/04 07:40 PM
I have to agree with Tech1 regarding WINDBA - its awful. Just to be fair, I will try 4.23 to see if its any better now. I'm used to command-line interface programming. This GUI stuff seems cumbersome to us old-timers. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: bhart Re: XTS - 08/31/04 08:40 AM
Have you ever networked an XTS? I am having big problems getting the systems to stay up without the card re-setting.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help