atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mtw152 Attaching a answerphone to Vodavi Mach 1 - 11/03/04 07:33 AM
Hello All,

I have a Vodavi Mach 1 system, I was wondering how to connect a regular external answerphone to it?
MTW:

If you have single line ports available (SLTs) on your system then you can plug it in one of those---however there may be some programming involved (you may have to make that single line port ring on whatever line or lines you want the answerphone to answer). The other way is to bridge onto your main line (or whatever line you want the answerphone to answer) before the system. Either way---unless you're familiar with telephone wiring or the DVX programming--it may be better for you to call a professional to do this. Good Luck.
Posted By: mtw152 Re: Attaching a answerphone to Vodavi Mach 1 - 11/03/04 09:32 AM
Thanks JW,

I think I will go down the wiring route. I'm quite handy with a punchdown tool (well its slightly better than my programming skills!)
MTW:

For sure---that's the easiest way---especially if you have a punch down tool. Just remember to set your answerphone to 4 rings or so---so that it doesn't answer after one ring during the day---or----keep it at one ring, and turn the answerphone off in the morning and on when you leave at nite.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help