atcomsystems.ca/forum
I need to change the ext # for an existing 12 button vodavi infinite desk set. I have the programning manuals but was having troulbe finding the directions to do this. Can anyone help me any information? I have access to an installed 24 button phone to do the program changes. Is this difficult?
Thanks, FC
Try 636xxx(xxx=new sta number)or it can be done in flash 52.

------------------
Bound to cover,
just a little more ground.
Drbpx, thanks for the quick response, could you provide a little more detail, I do not understand what you have posted, sorrry
If you are moving an extension (ex. 120) to your 12 button phone, you can unplug the phone that is currently 120 go to the 12 button phone and dial 636 then 120 on the dial pad. This is a station relocation. If the station does not currently exist you have to change the flexible number plan in Flash 52 programming. If this makes no sense at all you might should call the installer.
Thanks, yes I am following this now, I reviewed the section in the manual for flash 52 programing and it looks like I will need to flex number programming for the ext number because the number I need is greater than # 351, do I need to set a number range or can I use my number of choice as long as it does not conflict with other system numbering use and functions?
is it possible for me to enter a similar code to have the phone repeat back to me what station it is currently?

are stations always determined by the phone itself or the jack it is plugged into?
Yes, it is always the jack (port) that determines the extension number, not the phone. The easiest way to determine an extension's number is to look on the display when the phone is idle. If there isn't a display, then place an intercom call to a phone that has a display and it will show up there. This assumes that a name has not been programmed into the phone.

The only exception to this is IP phones. They have the extension number programmed in the system, but they can be plugged into any high-speed LAN connection anywhere.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help