atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dwflood Starplus Digital - 02/08/05 02:43 PM
Does anyone know of a good source for discontinued Vodavi phones? I took a call from a residential user looking for repair on or replacement of a Starplus Digital 1414-08 (exec. lcd telephone). What about replacement handsets?

This system has a doorbox. When someone presses the button and if no one answers, the doorbox rings and rings and rings forever. Any thoughts? Thx.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Starplus Digital - 02/08/05 06:29 PM
There are many, many sources for used digtal Vodavi phones. Click the link "Equipment" on this site for Vodavi phones & prices.
What kind of Door box are you talking about here? Need more info.
Posted By: Martin J Re: Starplus Digital - 02/08/05 06:47 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dwflood:

Does anyone know of a good source for discontinued Vodavi phones? I took a call from a residential user looking for repair on or replacement of a Starplus Digital 1414-08 (exec. lcd telephone). What about replacement handsets?

This system has a doorbox. When someone presses the button and if no one answers, the doorbox rings and rings and rings forever. Any thoughts? Thx.
</font>

I've had very good luck on eBay or get a copy of Telecom Gear, (800)866-3241 and ask for a sample copy. This is an Ad based magazine with scores of resellers advertising used equipment.
If the door box is a Vodavi door box, you'll have to be very lucky to find one. If you have an open CO line, replace the door box with a Viking W 1000 (or equivelent). This device will stop ringing after 3 rings.
Posted By: oobie Re: Starplus Digital - 02/10/05 04:21 PM
Aztec Capital will repair them i don't what the cost is though if you need there info let me know i can dig up there phone #
Posted By: paul144 Re: Starplus Digital - 02/16/05 02:01 PM
We repair them and sell them refurbished. If you take the customer, be aware that the keypads wear out quickly in the 14xx series. They are made worse by humidity. Be ready in the spring/summer with extra phones or keypads.
I also have the handsets for sale.

------------------
Vodavi Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited February 16, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help