atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Floyd XTS voice menu problems - 03/04/05 03:35 AM
Ok, I was just given this XTS system to change the menus, and of course the person that took care of it is gone.
When I called the company that installed it, they said they are not going to get someone "to take a look at it for a while" so please help!
I have XTS with pathfinder and I have all passwords.
The problem is that when the previous person recorded the "press 8 for this department" on one of the menus, I cannot change the voice menu because I cannot get into the prompt for the password (it's 8 on all other menus).
Is there a way to get into the voice menu from station 100 or the software?
I have no book either, the previous person took all of them.
Thanks if you can help.
Floyd
Posted By: A6 Re: XTS voice menu problems - 03/04/05 03:56 AM
If you have the passwords for the system, just go to that menu in programming and change the '8' directive to 'Record Prompts'. Save the change, dial into the menu you just changed and press '8' enter password and follow the prompts to start recording. When finished, change the prompt back to what it was.

You can also change the prompt from a mailbox if your COS is allowed to change system prompts. If I recall correctly, you need to sign into your voicemail box, press 8 for special functions, then enter the password. It should prompt you for the menu number you want to change.
Posted By: Floyd Re: XTS voice menu problems - 03/04/05 09:46 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A6:
If you have the passwords for the system, just go to that menu in programming and change the '8' directive to 'Record Prompts'. Save the change, dial into the menu you just changed and press '8' enter password and follow the prompts to start recording. </font>

Sorry, but I don't know where to change this in the system, because if I press 8 at that menu it transfers me to another menu - that's what I want to change.

[This message has been edited by Floyd (edited March 04, 2005).]
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: XTS voice menu problems - 03/04/05 03:45 PM
Log on to your voice mail and press 7. You will be prompted for the system password. Follow the voice prompts and you should be able to change the menu, if you know what number it is.
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: XTS voice menu problems - 03/04/05 06:54 PM
Go to the pathfinder. (its the pc vm) the talkpath is the blue digital box. Log into the pathfinder. when you log on click on start --> programs-->pathfinder---->maint. Maint is the tool used to program the pathfinder. Once there goto the menu you are playing. if not sure what menu you are playing look at the line setup. Once you find the correct menu change the 8 to record prompts, then call in to vm and press 8 it will then ask you for a pw enter pw and record the instructions
Posted By: Floyd Re: XTS voice menu problems - 03/06/05 01:19 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ironhedz:
Go to the pathfinder. (its the pc vm) the talkpath is the blue digital box. Log into the pathfinder. when you log on click on start --> programs-->pathfinder---->maint. Maint is the tool used to program the pathfinder. Once there goto the menu you are playing. if not sure what menu you are playing look at the line setup. Once you find the correct menu change the 8 to record prompts, then call in to vm and press 8 it will then ask you for a pw enter pw and record the instructions</font>

Yup, I am so dumb, I did this in the morn!
I forgot about the Maint program!

Thanks for all you help guys.

Floyd

[This message has been edited by Floyd (edited March 06, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help