atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: codasco704 wrong port - 04/04/05 06:09 PM
Ok, so this Starplus 1224 of mine is acting up a bit. I punched station 10 down (as best I could), plugged the amp connector into J1, plugged the KSU in and viola!. Sort of. I get intercom dialtone and all that good stuff..but it thinks it is station 11. I thought that maybe the station numbers were changed in programming. Nope. I can't get into programming. I just get reorder when I dial **. So, I plug the amp connector into J2. Again, instead of being station 22, it appears as 23. So, other than a defective cable from the block to the KSU, is there anything else that could be causing this (I'm also getting some phantom ringing when off-hook, which I think is due to shoddy wiring and an improperly programmed ring detect timer)? I'm gone to find another 25 pair cable to see if that solves the problem.

[This message has been edited by codasco704 (edited April 04, 2005).]
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: wrong port - 04/04/05 06:22 PM
Swap your w/o pair at the jack. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: codasco704 Re: wrong port - 04/04/05 07:17 PM
w/o=white/orange?

So I should reverse my white and organe pair to be orange/white, white/orange instead of white/orange, orange/white?
Posted By: codasco704 Re: wrong port - 04/04/05 07:38 PM
Nevermind...answered my own question. It works. Thanks for the help.

This does make me wonder if the harmonica adaptor I ordered to use with this system will work properly, however. Was I just not paying attention to what I was doing, or does starplus use a non-standard wiring scheme?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: wrong port - 04/05/05 05:57 AM
The 1224 uses standard 2-pair wiring. The adapter should work fine.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help