atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nfcphoneman STS MSG Waiting Issue - 04/11/05 02:44 PM
We installed a new STS system with the flash inskin voice mail.

On occasion the LED on the top of the phone (programmed for msg wait) flashes even when there are no messages. Also the voice mail group button is lit but not the MSG button. The LCD screen is on time/date when this happens.

Normally the vm group (440) does not light when there is a message. The customer has to unplug the phone and plug it back in to clear the problem.

This is only happening on two extensions.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: STS MSG Waiting Issue - 04/11/05 05:46 PM
This was a new feature added to the vodavi sts line. I will bet that the customer still has telco voicemail. I ran into the same thing. Telco sends an MWI signal to the sts and it actually lights the top of the phones
Posted By: brokeda Re: STS MSG Waiting Issue - 04/11/05 10:19 PM
the light above display can be programmed for several functions, MW - headset active- ringer.
check manual.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: STS MSG Waiting Issue - 04/13/05 06:35 AM
I called tech support yesterday. They seem to think that the problem was happening because I segmented the voice mail.

The customer wanted a day message, nite message and a lunch message. Since the In-skin only supports day and nite messages, I used the last 3 ports for the lunch message.

The tech at Vodavi said that the in-skin has two ports that do MWI. He had me put all of the voice mail ports back into one group. I then used a Hunt Group to get their lunch message back.

It seems plausible. We'll have to wait and see if they have any more problems.

He did mention the CO voice mail notification like you said Ironhedz. This is good to know because I didn't see that in the manual at all.

Brokeda, I'm aware of the different functions of the LED. Thank you both for the suggestions. I appreciate it.
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: STS MSG Waiting Issue - 04/13/05 01:16 PM
nfc - I have a customer setup now just like you described with the lunch menu (voice mail is split to accomodate this). they are not having any problems at all and the lights work just fine.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: STS MSG Waiting Issue - 04/13/05 01:18 PM
Did you actually put the voicemail into different groups?

I'm hoping this clears the problem. This is the only real issue I've had with an STS.
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: STS MSG Waiting Issue - 04/14/05 06:48 PM
here is the way i have it setup. The cust has a 4 line hunt group. So i made the lines ring 450 DN and 451S. I setup 451 with ports 154-157 and set them to play greeting 3 in the auto attd screen. I did not put them in different groups.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help