atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Syme XTSc Config - 04/12/05 01:47 PM
I just installed an XTSc and I'm running into a few issues while programming. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or a step by step guide for programming the system. Basically, I'm looking for a good starting point for someone with no experience with a Vodavi system.

Thanks
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: XTSc Config - 04/12/05 03:19 PM
I recently put one in. i used sta 100 to program the system. I tried using windba 4.24 but found some minor problems with it.
Posted By: Syme Re: XTSc Config - 04/12/05 03:34 PM
I'm using a 30 button to program it now, and I have WinDBA 5.06, but I'm not really sure where to start...

I have:
XTSc + CKIB
LCOBC
In-Skin 4-Port voicemail

The biggest issues I'm running into are the Auto-Attendant and the voice mail setup. The cards are all installed and recognized. I'm working with voicemail group 440 (default) and I added stations 100 & 101 to the group. I do not know what to do beyond this point. When I dial 440, it just continues to ring. I'm assuming this has something to do with the greeting on the specified port, but I don't know how to set it from the 30 button.

Thanks.
Posted By: dosjock Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 04:21 AM
The biggest issues I'm running into are the Auto-Attendant and the voice mail setup. The cards are all installed and recognized. I'm working with voicemail group 440 (default) and I added stations 100 & 101 to the group. I do not know what to do beyond this point. When I dial 440, it just continues to ring. I'm assuming this has something to do with the greeting on the specified port, but I don't know how to set it from the 30 button.

Thanks.[/B][/QUOTE]

Normally in vodavi programing, 440 would contain the voicemail port numbers not stations that have voicemail. the co lines would be preset to 450, which would also contain the voicemail port numbers. have not done an xts yet, but understand the programing is similar to the infinite and sts product lines.
Posted By: oobie Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 05:36 AM
The voice mail should give you 8 ports in there already like 150-157 and they need to be defined as DVM station type and do not add stations(ex. 100 101) to the 440 group.
Posted By: Syme Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 08:21 AM
My other issue (other than the vmail) is the initial system menus. I'm not even sure what to call them...

Basically, I'm trying to set up the menu someone would get if they called into to a general 800 number and it says something like: "Thank you for calling....Press 1 for sales, Press 2 for customer support, press 3 to listen to the directory"

I'm guessing this has to do with the guaranteed messages or the recorded anouncements...but I'm still lost.

Thanks.
Posted By: Syme Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 01:04 PM
Ok. Had some trouble finding a F to F DB-9, but I finally got one. I've got HyperTerminal up and running, but I can't seem to get the voicemail setup still.

(I only have sta 100 and 101 connected)

I dial 440 from sta 100, and it just keeps ringing. If I remove sta 100 and 101 from group 440 I just get the system beeping when I dial it. I have the Day/Night mode greetings set to 01 and 02 respectively in the Attendant Config. I haven't been able to record the greetings because I haven't been able to access the VM system.

Thanks.
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 01:13 PM
What do you mean you have sta 100 and 101 in 440. if you have the inskin voice mail i believe the ports are 150 thru 157 dial one of them and see if the vm answers it. if vm does answer it then you have to add those ports to group 440. then setup your co lines to ring 440.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 01:20 PM
What happens when you dial x150-157?
Posted By: Syme Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 02:02 PM
Nothing happens except for 156 & 7. For those two the LCD says its calling ext 156 or 7 and just continues to ring.

I just did a full reset to start from scratch. Basically, at this point I have the VM board set to slot 7 and everything else is default.

It says the groups are 440-447...
Posted By: Syme Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 03:42 PM
If I dial "440" it says "Call to Voice Mail" on the LCD unless I remove the station from the group.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ports". The only port setting I can find is in the "Voice Mail Programming" section of the manual.

VM Port, Default Value is "Disabled"
VM Port Number, Default is "3" but on my system the default was "2".
Posted By: PhoneGuy25 Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 05:40 PM
The XTSc is not the same as the STS, the inskin voicemail stations would not be 150 thru 157. On the XTSc 156 and 157 are your 2 built in SLT ports. I have not used the inskin voicemail for the XTS yet. I guess its probably an inskin flash mail (the HDD one is not released yet). The best way to find out which station numbers are voicemail, would be to log into the XTSc (top COM port on the CKIB) and instead of typing the password, type "config", then "d s7". This SHOULD show the actual voicemail stations .These would go into VM group 440. You should also put these same numbers in hunt 450 (to point CO calls to). 440 uses integration for leaving/ retreiving messages, 450 would be general calls to menus. Hope this helps.
Posted By: PhoneGuy25 Re: XTSc Config - 04/13/05 05:50 PM
just a few more tips:
The voicemail group is basicaly a hunt group with the station numbers (voicemail ports) in it. It has added features of passing digits (mailbox numbers....ect). You should not have to mess with the integration, Vodavi has made it very seemless. So you find out the actual voicemail port numbers, i think they might use ports from the system count, so if you can't find them from the "config" area, try calling the next extension that would be installed. So if you have 1 CKIB and nothing else, try calling 108. Once you get vmail set up, you will need to forward phones that want vmail to 440 and CO lines to 450 (hunt with same numbers, but no integration), if they want calls answered that way. As for the vmail, its real basic, CCR trees are your menus, Auto Attendant to make menus time sensitive. Sorry for the long replies, just trying to get you whatever info to help. Good luck.
Posted By: Syme Re: XTSc Config - 04/14/05 07:29 AM
PhoneGuy25,

Hey, I won't complain about long responses. The more info the better. I appreciate the time you're taking to help me out.

I dialed 108 and it worked! I'm not sure it has to do with having only the CKIB, since there is an LCOBC and VM1B installed.

The manual still says to dial 440-447 to access the voicemail system...why would they write that?

I think I understand the concept of the CCR menus. I'm just not clear on how I define the first menu to be used on a particular line. Like, what the first CCR menu to be used would be (I'm assuming menu 1...but what if I want a different main menu for 2 different CO lines?)

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Syme (edited April 14, 2005).]
Posted By: Syme Re: XTSc Config - 04/14/05 08:48 AM
Ok. I'm not sure if I did this correctly or not, but it seems to be working...sort of. I added station 108-116 (The VM ports) to group 440. Now the Voicemail button/440 works to access the vmail.

I'm not sure how to set it up so that incoming ringing on a specific CO line goes directly to a specific menu though. I thought about setting the ring assignment to ring to group 440, but then wouldn't it pick any of the 108-116 ports (Then I wouldn't be able to control which CCR menu is used first)?

The other way I was thinking doesnt seem to efficient. I was going to use group 441 and allocate 1 VM port to it, then assign rings on that line to that group...and set the greeting/ccr setting for that port through HyperTerminal... But then I can only accept one incoming call at a time.

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Syme (edited April 14, 2005).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help