atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: brewman Night Mode on Vodavi STS - 05/15/05 04:44 PM
I have a vodavi STS phone system with the In-Skin voicemail. I have programmed the phones with a night button, programmed the CO line ringing assignment for night to VM hunt group, and set the Voicemail to DayMode. However when I put the system in Nights the calls immediately ring to VM but the day message still plays. I changed the VM to Automatic mode but the night message only plays when it is scheduled but not when the night button is pressed. I need to get the night message to play when the night button is pressed because the company has changing hours every week. I would appriciate any suggestions.

thanks

------------------
Posted By: dwflood Re: Night Mode on Vodavi STS - 05/16/05 04:54 AM
I had a customer want the same thing - play the night message at anytime of day when the system is put into night mode. Here is what I did...

Take the last two VM ports and put them into voicemail group 441. Assign the night greeting for vm ports 7 and 8 for both day and night. Set the night destination in the STS to 441.

You loose two voicemail ports basically, but most STS customers are small enough, they'll never notice.
Posted By: chris02081 Re: Night Mode on Vodavi STS - 05/17/05 10:04 AM
That is a good idea but I wouldn't use VM port 7 and 8, I would use 6 and 7 as port 8 is used to talk to the phone system (MWI) so you don't want to tie that port up.

~Chris

[This message has been edited by chris02081 (edited May 17, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help