atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chris02081 Rauland Borg Telecenter 21 - 05/20/05 10:01 AM
We have taken over a couple of schools that have these systems in them. They are kinda neat looking even have Blaupunkt car stereos in them for music and time.

Anyone have any info/experience with these?

Thanks,
~Chris
Posted By: oobie Re: Rauland Borg Telecenter 21 - 05/20/05 03:47 PM
yeah i've been taking some older vodavi systems out and putting XTS in and connecting the roland borg systsems to them anything specific your looking for?
Posted By: chris02081 Re: Rauland Borg Telecenter 21 - 05/21/05 12:11 PM
I was specifically trying to figure out how to change the time on the system and also how to adjust the volume level in the class room page zones.

Thanks,
~Chris
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Rauland Borg Telecenter 21 - 05/24/05 06:51 AM
We currently have about 40 Vodavi systems connected to the Rauland Borg Telecenter V system. Unfortunately, we don't handle any of that stuff for them; just the connectivity between the systems. I am pretty sure that most of the functions are touch-tone programmable, but I have seen their technicians with laptops connected for a lot of the programming. Aside from touch tone programming, that's about all that can be done through the Vodavi system; although the serial integration link handles some pretty impressive inter-system communication, there's no processor-to-processor relationship to speak of.

I have seen that all of the schools' principals were given a pretty fancy binder with the administration functions clearly laid out. Maybe you could get one of them to let you borrow and copy it?

[This message has been edited by ev607797 (edited May 24, 2005).]
Posted By: chris02081 Re: Rauland Borg Telecenter 21 - 05/24/05 06:49 PM
Are there Raul-Borg techs coming on site separate from Vodavi techs? I was under the impression it was all done by the same. If it's the case of a Raul-Borg tech, I'll contact them directly and see what can be done on that end.

Suggestions please?

Thanks,
~Chris
Posted By: oobie Re: Rauland Borg Telecenter 21 - 05/25/05 04:53 AM
i know the ones that i have recently seen to change the time on it is
1. Hit the trunk that is connected to the system(whatever line you may have used)
2. Dial #55 9the display will read hh:mm
3. type new time in press A for am,P for pm
4. then the correct time is there hit #
5. enter new date and hit # when done.

hope this helps, but i am like ev607797 they are arleady in place we just assign new trunks to them.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Rauland Borg Telecenter 21 - 05/25/05 06:07 AM
Chris:

No, it is a completely separate company from Vodavi and from what I have heard, they have parted ways. I don't think it was a friendly parting either.

We are a Vodavi Gold dealer and nothing was mentioned at last month's dealer conference about furthering the relationship with Rauland-Borg. I have been told recently by a competitor that since their relationship is gone that other systems, like Norstar will soon have the same integration capability that Vodavi has but I don't know for sure.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?
Posted By: chris02081 Re: Rauland Borg Telecenter 21 - 06/07/05 08:15 PM
Well I am at the point that I am just going to contact Raul Borg and see if I can get in on a training class to get certified. My employer wants that to happen and if I can find a class and a time that works for all we'll see.

MORE LATER

~Chris
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help