atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Popsikle XTS Out line Config - 05/26/05 10:55 AM
We are using a Vodavi XTS at one of our remote locations. One of the phone lines from the CO is dead, however thats the default Dial-out line. Im very much a noob to these PBX's and I have absolutley no documentation to work off of (the installing crew leaves nothing behind, forcing us to call them for service).

They have informed me there is no way to remove this line from out going phone calls, and we cant even set it to non-default, Is this true?

We are using park codes and such becuase we have too many phone lines and extentions to display on our phones, so the users have to hit the OUT button on the phone to grab a line out. There has to be a way to change what lines that button is assigned to no?

I have the VMadmin program, but from what I know abotu the system, thats not going to help me...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Posted By: dtmf Re: XTS Out line Config - 05/26/05 11:02 AM
Take a phone and sieze that line until the co provider gets it fixed.
Posted By: Popsikle Re: XTS Out line Config - 05/26/05 11:13 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
Take a phone and sieze that line until the co provider gets it fixed.</font>

Thanks. Thats the quick and dirty way to fix this [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XTS Out line Config - 05/26/05 11:55 AM
No, what you have been told is not necessarily true. Do you have at least ONE phone (ie: receptionist) that has all line appearances? If so, you can dial 602 and then press the line button for the dead line to remove it from the pool. Repeat this procedure to place the line back in the pool after the repairs have been made.

If this is not possible, then I would suggest that you go to one phone and sieze the dead line by dialing 9 or pressing the pool button. Then just leave that phone off the hook to keep it tied up until the line can be fixed.

[This message has been edited by ev607797 (edited May 26, 2005).]
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: XTS Out line Config - 05/26/05 04:16 PM
that that line and remove it from the trunk group. I assume that your out button is actually a pool key in trunk group 1, set it to trunk group 0 and that is all you have to do
Posted By: chris02081 Re: XTS Out line Config - 05/26/05 07:59 PM
Yep, just put whatever line is having the problem in a different call group, flash 40 page A button 8, put the line in group 0 or 2 (assuming that all other lines are in group 1) hit hold, then when the line is repaired put the line back in the original call group via the same way.

~Chris
Posted By: Popsikle Re: XTS Out line Config - 05/27/05 06:55 AM
Thanks everyone, I removed it from the dial-out group [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help