atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hitechcomm DVX + - 07/10/06 07:00 PM
Just took over a customer with 22 loxcations. At 3 locations they have DVX + systems. Are these old systems? How are they programmed?
Where do we get tech support?
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: DVX + - 07/10/06 09:30 PM
The DVX+ systems are Vodavi's last vintage of systems before the introduction of their current XTS line. The name was formally discontinued about four years ago. Many components (cards) can be used in their newer XTS-IP and XTSc-IP systems. The DVX+ systems were originally introduced in the mid-1990's.

The DVX+ 2 and 3 systems' cards are completely compatible with the current XTS family. The DVX+ 4 system's cards are not. There is no compatiblity whatsoever with the DVX+ 1 with any current systems. System programming is similar between the older DVX+ systems and today's XTS systems.

Since the DVX+ family has been discontinued, I don't really know how you will be able to get support from Vodavi. I don't know how they handle that. I am sure you will be able to get it here though with a customer like yours. We won't let you lose that one due to lack of knowledge on them.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: DVX + - 07/11/06 07:13 AM
Thanks, Vodavi will not support this system.
Does anyone know anyone who does tech support on this?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: DVX + - 07/11/06 07:21 AM
I checked this morning and Vodavi will support it. Have you contacted them? They just don't maintain parts for the DVX+ systems. Parts are certainly available on the secondary market. If you can't get Vodavi to assit you with support, I don't mind helping out. The programming is very similar to their current product line.
Posted By: rage Re: DVX + - 07/23/06 05:27 PM
I called vodavi on this system but they said they dont support but have farmed that out. They also gave me the number of 2 companies that are handling support for these and they were helpfull. Sorry, but i can't remember the names or numbers of these companies, but I'm sure Vodavi will give you thier info.

Hope this helps!
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: DVX + - 07/23/06 07:14 PM
Tried Vodavi, not very help full unless we became dealers.
Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help