atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BobReeves STS losing it's programming - 07/17/06 09:49 AM
Hi,

I am not a dealer or in the business, just a guy that had worked in the paging industry long enough to understand tip, ring and the colors on a punch block. I installed a pretty basic Starplus STS system in our office over a year ago and am very happy with the system except for one small problem.

Every once in a while it looses all programming and reverts back to the defaults. I have a pretty large UPS on the system so am assuming it isn't getting hit with power grunge. I was smart enough to save the programming to a file and it isn't hard to restore with Hyperterm but it always seems to happen at the most inappropriate times (isn't that always the case)..

Wondering if this is normal (can't believe it is) or if I didn't do something I was suppose to on the initial installation. Remember something about a jumper in the KSU that had to do with memory but the terminology in the installation manual was a bit confusing.. Could this jumper have something to do with my problem?

Thanks and welcome any tips..
Posted By: justbill Re: STS losing it's programming - 07/17/06 12:54 PM
Did you initialize the system prior to programming the first time? If not that could be your problem. You initialize, change the dip switch than program. That part should be pretty well spelled out in the installation manual.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: STS losing it's programming - 07/17/06 01:31 PM
Battery (SW 4) switch should be turned on.

Dip Switch #8 (on SW 5) defaults the system. Once the system is intialized, dip switch 8 should be turned off.
Posted By: STS E Re: STS losing it's programming - 07/17/06 01:35 PM
Bob:

Looking at KSU at upper left cornor.
(switch 4) should be "ON'. It is above the battery and blue/red switch.

To the left of the battery switch is a "orange switch) It contains "8" dip switches.
Make sure dip switch "8" is off.

You dont need the ups/bbu.
Posted By: STS E Re: STS losing it's programming - 07/17/06 01:36 PM
Gee your fast NFC :toast:
I was typing an answer and by the time i was done
you beat me to the punch.
Posted By: justbill Re: STS losing it's programming - 07/17/06 02:05 PM
Didn't even think of the battery. Guess that's why you guys get the big bucks. :thumb:
Posted By: BobReeves Re: STS losing it's programming - 07/17/06 02:43 PM
Thanks for the info, will check the switches tomorrow. Couldn't remember if it was switches or jumpers. Getting old and my memory sucks :shrug:

Vaguely remember the manual telling me to set a switch before programming and didn't see any reference to setting it back so I left it.. Could be #8 you are telling me about. Think we have the answer, appreciate the help.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help