atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel sts display - 05/22/07 10:42 PM
has anyone else but me had display trouble with these phones. the display shoots of a bunch of nonsense symbols. sometimes unpluging the phone works and sometimes not and they need to go to aztec. i had two places with the problem last week. brought in the phones and put them on my system and both worked fine. today i took them back and one worked fine and the other wouldnt show the display- that was the origional problem with this one. well i brought it back and pluged it into my ksu and it is working again. the loaner phone at the location is also working fine in the same jack where this one wont work. any ideas on these eratic displays. thanks dave
Posted By: EV607797 Re: sts display - 05/22/07 10:50 PM
I have heard about that problem here, but I have never actually encountered it myself.

Is the system an STS or an STSe?

It sounds like the formal initialization procedure wasn't performed on an STSe under flash 80. This needs to be done IN ADDITION TO the normal DIP switch setting procedure. Being flash-based, anything can happen if the memory isn't cleared upon installation.
Posted By: davetel Re: sts display - 05/22/07 11:59 PM
hold it i have just been doing the switch 8 default. i didnt know about the flash 80, one is an stse and the other one is a sts. i will try this program on the sts e. thanks dave
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: sts display - 05/23/07 06:07 AM
This may be one of the threads Ed is referring to.

I have not had a call from either of the customers since I posted that thread regarding the problem. Which I would take to mean that A. It has not happened again or B. They unplugged and reset the phones themselves.
Posted By: oobie Re: sts display - 05/23/07 09:18 AM
i've seen where the newer backlit display phones don't work on the older versions of the STS giving funky characters on the display or not working
Posted By: STS E Re: sts display - 05/23/07 09:41 AM
Lets make this interesting,

I had (3) 3516-71 out of a case of 8 keysets, have improper characters on boot up.

Tried them on 3 different ksu's and still the same.

It was a problem with the new keysets not the fault of the ksu, as other 3516-71 worked fine
on the ksu 's. :scratch:

(NOTE:) The 3516-71 are the backlit display tels.
Posted By: davetel Re: sts display - 05/25/07 12:11 AM
i called vodavi to get their take and was told some of the softwares in the ksu created display problems. i got the software versions and called back and they are going to send me new softwares for both ksus. these sets were not back lit ones. thank everyone for the input. seems i never stop learning in this game. dave
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help